|Founder||Gili Raanan and Eran Reshef|
|Headquarters||Herzliya, Israel, Santa Clara, California;|
|Products||AppShield and AppScan|
Sanctum was the world's first company to focus on Application security. Sanctum invented the Application security space in the mid-'90s with its firewall, AppShield, and scanner, AppScan, foreseeing the need for better application-layer security for Web environments.
The company has done an extensive research in application security and applying formal methods to real life software in collaboration with Turing Award winner Professor Amir Penueli. Early research in 1996 and 1997 led to the invention, in parallel to other teams, of CAPTCHA technology, and the application for a US patent for CAPTCHA.
Technology & Products
The AppShield product was the first product to inspect incoming Hypertext Transfer Protocol requests and block malicious attacks based on a dynamic policy which was composed by analyzing the outgoing HTML pages.
- "Sanctum | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "What the Watchfire-Sanctum acquisition means for Web app security". Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Messmer, Ellen. "CNN - New tool blocks wily e-comm hacker tricks - September 7, 1999". edition.cnn.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Kesten, Yonit; Klein, Amit; Pnueli, Amir; Raanan, Gil (1999-09-20). Wing, Jeannette M.; Woodcock, Jim; Davies, Jim, eds. FM’99 — Formal Methods. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. pp. 173–194. ISBN 9783540665878.
- "Method and system for discriminating a human action from a computerized action". 2004-03-01.
- "Perfecto Changes Name to Sanctum - Globes English". Globes. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "DLJ'S Sprout Group Leads $16 Million Investment in Perfecto Technologies; Premier Venture Firm Backs eBusiness Security Software Company. - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Method and system for extracting application protocol characteristics". 1999-07-01.
- "Method and system for dynamic refinement of security policies". 2002-12-31.
- "Sanctum Introduces AppScan: Industry's First Automated Web Application Security Audit Tool. - Free Online Library". www.thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Inc, IDG Network World (2000-06-19). Network World. IDG Network World Inc.
- "Sanctum, Inc. cited as leader in key web security sector". Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "IBM Buys Watchfire". PCWorld. Retrieved 2016-09-12.