|Traded as||NYSE: SD|
|Industry||Oil and gas industry|
|Founder||Tom L. Ward|
|Headquarters||Oklahoma City, United States|
|James Bennet, CEO|
|49.6 thousand barrels of oil equivalent (303,000 GJ) per day (Q3 2016)|
|Revenue||US$104 million (Q3 2016)|
|-US$404 million (Q3 2016)|
|Total assets||-US$1.866 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||-US$2.675 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
SandRidge was founded in 2006 by Tom L. Ward by buying approximately 50% of Riata Energy of Amarillo, Texas. Ward previously co-founded Chesapeake Energy with Aubrey McClendon and was the chief operating officer of that company from 1989 until 1996.
On June 19, 2013, after a series of missteps, CEO Tom L. Ward was ousted by the board of the directors and James Bennett became President and CEO. Bennett first joined the company in 2010 and previously worked at GSO Capital Partners.
In 2015, the company acquired Pinon Gathering Company, owner of 370 miles of gathering lines, which reduced Sandridge's lease operating and gathering expense.
The company has formed 3 public royalty trusts:
- Sandridge Permian Trust (NYSE: PER) - owner of royalty interests in oil and natural gas properties in the Central Basin Platform of the Permian Basin in Andrews County, Texas.
- SandRidge Mississippian Trust I (NYSE: SDT) - owner of royalty interests in oil and natural gas properties in the Mississippian formation in Alfalfa, Garfield, Grant and Woods counties in Oklahoma.
- SandRidge Mississippian Trust II (NYSE: SDR) - owner of royalty interests in oil and natural gas properties in the Mississippian formation in Alfalfa, Grant, Kay, Noble and Woods counties in northern Oklahoma and Barber, Comanche, Harper and Sumner counties in southern Kansas.
- SANDRIDGE ENERGY, INC. Form 10-Q Quarterly Report
- Richard Finger (February 11, 2013). "Tom Ward Of SandRidge Energy: Another CEO That's Got To Go". Forbes Magazine.
- "SandRidge Energy, Inc. Prices Initial Public Offering" (Press release). PRNewswire. November 5, 2007.
- "SandRidge Energy Board Ousts Founder Tom Ward". CNBC. June 19, 2013.
- Sandridge: Management Team
- "SandRidge to Sell Gulf of Mexico Business for $750 Million". Bloomberg L.P. January 7, 2014.
- "SandRidge Energy, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Pinon Gathering Company, LLC" (Press release). PRNewswire. October 5, 2015.
- "SandRidge Energy, Inc. Acquires North Park Basin Niobrara Shale Oil Assets for $190 Million in Cash". PRNewswire. November 4, 2015.
- Adam Wilmoth (October 4, 2016). "SandRidge Energy emerges from bankruptcy". NewsOK.