Sand Creek Township, Decatur County, Indiana
Sand Creek Township
The Westport Covered Bridge spans Sand Creek in the township
Location of Sand Creek Township in Decatur County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||43.21 sq mi (111.9 km2)|
|• Land||43.17 sq mi (111.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||856 ft (261 m)|
|• Density||72.3/sq mi (27.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453832|
Sand Creek Township was organized in 1825.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 43.21 square miles (111.9 km2), of which 43.17 square miles (111.8 km2) (or 99.91%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.09%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Washington Township (northeast)
- Marion Township (east)
- Columbia Township, Jennings County (southeast)
- Sand Creek Township, Jennings County (south)
- Jackson Township (west)
- Clay Township (northwest)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Eddleman, Finley, Horseshoe Bend, Mapleton, Old Burk (aka Vanderbur Cemetery), Rodney and Westport.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 95.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.