Sand Point Airport
|Sand Point Airport|
|Owner||Alaska DOT&PF - Central Region|
|Serves||Sand Point, Alaska|
|Elevation AMSL||21 ft / 6 m|
Sand Point Airport (IATA: SDP, ICAO: PASD, FAA LID: SDP) is a state owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) southwest of the central business district of Sand Point, a city in the Aleutians East Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. Scheduled airline service to Anchorage International Airport is provided by Peninsula Airways (PenAir).
As per the Federal Aviation Administration, this airport had 4,296 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,957 in 2009, and 4,281 in 2010. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Sand Point Airport resides at elevation of 21 feet (6 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,213 by 150 feet (1,589 x 46 m). For the 12-month period ending December 16, 2003, the airport had 2,012 aircraft operations, an average of 167 per month: 59.6% general aviation, 32.6% air taxi, and 7.8% scheduled commercial.
Airline and destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Anchorage, AK||Ted Stevens Anchorage International (ANC)||3,850||3,650|
|2||King Salmon, AK||King Salmon Airport (AKN)||30||30|
|3||Cold Bay, AK||Cold Bay Airport (CDB)||30||70|
|4||Unalaska, AK||Unalaska Airport (DUT)||20||10|
|5||King Cove, AK||King Cove Airport (KVC)||20||<10|
|6||Akun, AK||Akutan Airport (7AK)||<10||<10|
|7||St. George Island, AK||St. George Airport (STG)||<10||<10|
|8||St. Paul, AK||St. Paul Island Airport (SNP)||<10||<10|
- FAA Airport Master Record for SDP ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (SDP: Sand Point / Municipal)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "Alaskan ICAO Identifiers". Location Identifiers (Order JO 7350.8Y). Federal Aviation Administration. December 12, 2013. External link in
- "Where We Fly". Peninsula Airways (PenAir). Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009. External link in
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011. External link in
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Sandpoint, AK: Sand Point (SDP)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2013. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- FAA Alaska airport diagram (GIF)
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SDP, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport: