This article does not cite any sources. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Location of Sanda in Hyōgo Prefecture
|• Mayor||Hideaki Takeuchi|
|• Total||210.22 km2 (81.17 sq mi)|
|Population (August 31, 2016)|
|• Density||540.73/km2 (1,400.5/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Japanese red pine|
|• Flower||Satsuki azalea|
|• Bird||Green pheasant|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||2-1-1, Miwa, Sanda-shi, Hyōgo-ken
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sanda, Hyōgo.|
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Climate
- 4 Transportation
- 5 Public institutions
- 6 Schools
- 7 Medical facilities
- 8 Shopping
- 9 Industries
- 10 Recreation
- 11 Events
- 12 Special products
- 13 Famous people from Sanda
- 14 Sister cities
- 15 References
- 16 External links
Sanda City is located in the southeast of the Hyōgo Prefecture of Japan, and it is about 25 kilometres (16 mi) to the north of the city of Kobe beyond the Rokkō Mountains and in a region about 35 kilometres (22 mi) northwest of the city of Osaka. Sanda city adjoins to the north the city of Sasayama and to the east are Takarazuka and Inagawa. Sanda is joined to the south by Kobe and just to the west are Miki, Katō.
The name "Sanda" has a long history. Records found within the Buddhist statue "Mirokubutsuzazo" in the ancient Konshinji Temple reads: "These areas are decreed as Matsuyama's land, which includes Onden, Hiden and Keiden, which are three rice fields, and is thus renamed Sanda." (In Japanese, "San" means three and "ta" (here pronounced "da") means rice field.) This indicates that the name Sanda has been in use for an estimated 1,300 years.
The history of the inhabitants on this land, blessed with a mild climate and an abundant natural environment, is even older than the city and goes as far back as 30,000 years ago.
At the end of the 7th century, the temple town of the Konshinji Temple was created near the current location of Yashiki. Sanda castle was erected during the Muromachi Era. Also, a castle town was built during the Azuchi-Momoyama era, and Sanda flourished as a castle town governed by the Kuki clan producing 36,000 koku (equivalent of 184,000 bushels) of crops during the Edo period. After the Meiji period, Sanda expanded as the center of Arima county with a railroad system being completed. In 1956, Ai and Honjō merged becoming Aino. Also Miwa, Hirono, Ono, Takahira merged into the town of Sanda. Then, Sanda annexed Aino in 1957. Sanda was upgraded from a town to a city in July, 1958.
The Muko River runs through Sanda from Sasayama City to the north to Osaka Bay to the southeast. The size of a drainage basin is 496 km2. The river is host to events and festivals throughout the year.
|Climate data for Sanda, Hyōgo|
|Average high °C (°F)||7.6
|Average low °C (°F)||−2.4
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||39.4
|Average precipitation days (≥ 1.0 mm)||5.9||6.9||10.7||9.6||10.6||11.4||10.8||8.0||10.3||8.6||6.8||6.1||105.8|
|Mean monthly sunshine hours||125.4||120.2||145.4||173.3||170.3||136.1||148.6||189.9||144.2||158.6||140.4||135.5||1,781.5|
|Source: Meteorological Agency|
Sanda is served by several forms of transportation.
Railways connect the city to other cities in the region, including Kobe and Osaka.
- JR West Japan
- Kobe Electric Railway
- Maizuru-Wakasa Expressway : Sanda West IC
- Chugoku Expressway : Kobe Sanda IC
- National Routes
- National Route 176
- Toll roads
- Rokko Toll Road
- Shinki bus : Sanda, Sannomiya, and the surrounding area
- Hankyu bus : Sanda Line, Arima Line(to Arima Onsen)
Museum of People and Nature
The museum is a well known museum in Sanda. The museum's theme is the "symbiosis of people and nature". It opened in Flowertown October 10, 1992.It is called "Hitohaku" in Japanese. There are five subjects: "nature of Hyogo", "people and nature", "new culture", "world of living thing", "earth, life, and ground". It is one of the largest public museums in Japan. Cost: Adult; 200 yen university student, high school student; 150 yen Junior student elementary student;100 yen If you are over 65 years old, or handicapped, you can enter for half price. The elementary school students who live in Hyogo can enter for free. (you must take a kokoron card.)
Satonone Hall is a large performance venue in Sanda. It was completed in March 2007. It has a large hall, small hall, rehearsal rooms, and display rooms. The interior is decorated in soft tones symbolic of the following: harvest of Satoyama; persimmon; ears of rice, water, and wind.
Sanda has three libraries:
- Sanda City Library
- Sanda Woodytown Library
- Sanda-Ai Library
Sanda city also has a mobile library, "soyokaze." It began service on January 19, 1994 and has about 3500 books.
Universities and colleges
High schools (grades 10-12)
- Arima High School
- Hokusetsu Sanda High School
- Sanda Seiryo High School
- Sanda Shounkan High School
- Sanda Gakuen High School (private)
- Sanda Shosei High School (private)
Junior high schools (grades 7-9)
- Keyakidai Junior High School
- Yurinokidai Junior High School
- Hasama Junior High School
- Uenodai Junior High School
- Nagasaka Junior High School
- Hakkei Junior High School
- Fuji Junior High School
- Ai Junior High School
- Sanda Gakuen Junior High School(private)
Elementary schools (grades 1-6)
- Akashiadai Elementary School
- Keyakidai Elementary School
- Suzukakedai Elementary School
- Tsutsujigaoka Elementary School
- Yurinokidai Elementary School
- Gakuen Elementary School
- Hasama Elementary School
- Hirono Elementary School
- Takahira Elementary School
- Sanda Elementary School
- Miwa Elementary School
- Shidehara Elementary School
- Ono Elementary School
- Matsugaoka Elementary School
- Fuji Elementary School
- Muko Elementary School
- Moushi Elementary School
- Honjyo Elementary School
- Yayoi Elementary School
- Ai Elementary School
- Sanda Kindergarten
- Miwa Kindergarten
- Shidehara Kindergarten
- Ono Kindergarten
- Moushi Kindergarten
- Hirono Kindergarten
- Honjyo Kindergarten
- Ai Kindergarten
- Matsugaoka Kindergarten
- Takahira Kindergarten
- Hokusetsu Dai1 Kindergarten (private)
- Hokusetsu Chuo Kindergarten (private)
- Fuji Kindergarten (private)
- Sanda Asahi Kindergarten (private)
- Sanda Sachi Kindergarten (private)
- Sanda Tsutsujigaoka Kindergarten (private)
- Sanda Keyakidai Kindergarten (private)
- Yayoi Kindergarten (private)
- Hokusetsu Gakuen Kindergarten (private)
- Sanda Jiai Kindergarten (private)
- Uenogahara Special School
- Hyogo Prefectural Koto High School for Students with Special Needs
Sanda has many hospitals and medical facilities.
- Sanda City Hospital/Keyakidai
- Hyogo Chuo Hospital/Ohara
- Aino Hospital
- Banto Hospital
- Tomita Clinic
- Aozora Clinic
- Takemoto Orthopedics Hospital
- Nakauti Orthopedics Hospital
- Asai Ophthalmological Clinic
- Ida Ophthalmological Clinic
- Fujimura Otolaryngological Clinic
- Morimoto Otolaryngological Clinic
- Tujii Clinic
- Hayashibe Clinic
- Asahara Clinic
- Ashizawa Clinic
- Idono Clinic
Sanda has many shopping centers.
- Aeon-Sanda Woodytown: near the Woodytown Chuo station in Keyakidai. There is a movie theater.
- Pasukaru Sanda: fresh vegetable and local food market.
- Hankyu Oasis: near Sanda station.
- Elm Plaza: near Minami Woodytown station in Suzukakedai.
- Century Plaza: it is near the Woodytown Chuo station in Keyakidai.
- Kippy Mall: across from Sanda station.
- Daiei Mall: across from Flowertown station.
- Premium Outlets: It has a collection of about 220 shops of high quality goods and international brands. It is the largest outlet center in the Kansai area.
Mitsubishi Electric (Melco) has a large R&D and production campus in Sanda. Many large industries in Sanda city are gathered in the Hokusetsu Sanda Technopark. Main industries include pharmaceuticals,chemicals,foods, and distribution. Some companies based in the Technopark are:
- Airis Ohyama (Plastic/chemicals)
- Morita (fire engine manufacturing)
- Asahifoods (foods)
- Soft99 Corporation (car wax/chemicals)
- Nippon Polyester (polyester/chemicals)
- Hayasi (tower/chemicals)
- Kisida Chemical (chemicals)
- Tamapori (polystyrene/chemicals)
- Kiribai Kobayashi (drug-manufacturing, disposable heating pad/chemicals)
- Hokuseisha (printing)
- Sastech (stainless steel)
- Ueno Drug-manufacturing (drug/chemicals)
Sanda has many parks and recreation facilities available for public use.
The outdoor bath which is full of taste to see Arima-fuji has a hinoki and arrangement of garden rocks. A men's bath and a ladie's bath change every day.
There are bali-like outdoor bath and a Japanese-style outdoor bath and can taste a resort feeling.
Arimafuji-park is located in Fukushima, Sanda. There started in 2001. It has terraced paddy field,birdload,wood,the waterside,grass land and so on. It is surrounded a lot of nature. In 2005,asobinooukoku started next to Arimafuji-park. In 2007,rest zone also started.Admission and parking fee free!
There are many sports facilities. For example: tennis court, ball park, athletic field and gym.
- This is the largest annual event in Sanda
- There is a large firework display with over 2500 fireworks!
- Date: August 4
- Place: Near the Muko River
- Place: Kousahatiman Shrine
- Date: Late-November
Sanda Akindo Matsuri
- Place: The shopping district in front of Sanda station
- Date: Early-December
Sanda Nougyou Matsuri
- Place: A floor specially prepared for a Sanda Nougyou Matsuri
- Date: November 3 and 4
- Place Sanda Tenman Shrine
- Date: Late-July
- ・In the morning… A festival
- ・Afternoon… Dedication of the lion dance
Sanda beef has been produced in Hyogo since past time and about 1000 head of cattle a year. It is regarded as being of higher quality than Kobe beef.
Every May and June, the area starts to produce Moushi tea, which is filled into bags and cans, and is shipped all over Japan through wholesale store. It is sold as Paskarusanda, Itunoeki-Inagawa, Kumazeinosato and Kobe-sogou.
Located in Yurinokidai, Sanda, Hyogo, is a well-known confectionery, bakery and chocolatier. Popular items include: koyama roll, custard pudding, and baumkuchen. This confectionery is the most popular in Sanda. People stand in line in front of the shop every day. It also has a cafe people can enjoy cakes from the confectionery.
In Mukogaoka-Sanda-Hyogo;restaurant There is the head shop of the restaurant in Sanda. this restaurant's dishes are expensive, but one may eat delicious food.
In Tenjin-Sanda-Hyogo; a bakery. All breads cost only 100 yen.
In Minamigaoka, Sanda; a confectionery This shop has a lot of dessert. You can find your favorite dessert.
This shop loved by local people. I offer each shop, disceming bread of the manager and shop original product and service.
Famous people from Sanda
- Kawamoto Kōmin (Rangaku scholar)
- Aida Shinnichi （singer-songwriter）
- Itokin ET-KING (musician)
- Konoda Reo （pro-baseball player・Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks）
- Tamaoka Kinnta （referee）
- Marumoto Taisei （pro-boxer）
- Hayashi Keisuke (Vissel Kobe)
- Nanjo Yuka （model）
- "川本幸民" (in Japanese). kotobank. Retrieved 2017-12-14.