|Born||Matara, Sri Lanka|
|Other names||Chandradasa Coperahewa|
|Education||S. Thomas' College, Matara|
|Occupation||Sinhala writer, poet, scholar, artist, teacher, journalist in Sri Lanka|
|Children||Prof. Sandagomi Coperahewa & Dr. Sanath Coperahewa|
|Awards||Hela Basa Mini, Kala Bhushana, Godage Divaman Pranama|
Coperhewa was born in Pamburana and educated at Pamburana Sariyuth College. He attended S. Thomas' College, Matara from the age of 9. He was recruited by Warden R.S.de Saram and taught Sinhala, Art and Buddhism for thirty two years (1951 -1983) at S. Thomas' College, Mt Lavinia alongside Arisen Ahubudu, GL Jinadasa and D.S. Jayasekera.
He contributed poems to Subasa - journal started by Munidasa Cumaratunga in 1941 and became an active member of the Hela Havula organization. He was deputy leader of the Hela Havula, an editor of the Pali Dictionary published by "Siri Vajiranana Bhikku Center Maharagama" and Editorial Consultant of Little Star Children’s weekly and Lankadeepa. He wrote columns on issues of Art, Buddhism, Sinhala Language and Literature in the English broadsheets, and translated Prof R.H.Wilenskis Miniature History of European Art to Sinhala ( Uropa Kala Itihasaya ha Uropa kala Hela Kala Sasandua Colombo: M.D. Gunasena , 1958). He also wrote a commentary to Sinhala poem Daham Gaeta Mala Vivaranaya.
The "Hela Havula Movement" awarded him the title "Hela Bas Mini" 1993 in recognition of his services to Sinhala Language and the Department of Cultural Affairs awarded him the title the "Kala-Bhushana" in 2003 and "Divaman Pranama" by Godage Literay Festival in 2015 in recognition of his services to Art, Literature and Sinhala language.
- "Chandradasa Or Sandadas Coperahewa? by Sriyan Jayasekera.". www.tyretracks.com. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Local literature's unsung maestro by Amalshan GUNERATHNE Ceylon Daily News 27th June 2012". www.dailynews.lk. Retrieved 2014-01-04.
- "Munidasa Cumaratunga - the consummate master of language and style 66th death anniversary: Sandadas Coperahewa Deputy Leader Hela Havula Movement Ceylon Daily News Monday, 1 March 2010". www.dailynews.lk. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Matara experts of cryptic poetry by Sandadas Coperahewa Helabas mini, Kala Bushana" (PDF). www.island.lk. Retrieved 2011-12-27.
- "Cumaratunga's Revival Movement as a key to national development by Helabas Mini - Kalabhushana Sandadas Coperahewa The Island Saturday Magazine". www.island.lk. Retrieved 2011-12-27.