From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up sandbagging in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sandbagging, hiding the strength, skill or difficulty of something or someone early in an engagement, may refer to:
- Sandbagging in billiards and other games, deliberately playing below one's actual ability in order to fool opponents into accepting higher stakes bets, or to lower one's competitive rating in order to play in a future event with a higher handicap and consequently have a better chance to win; the term has spread to chess, go and other such games. Also known as hustling.
- Sandbagging (grappling), competing in a skill-bracket or being ranked lower than one is deemed capable of
- Sandbagging (racing), deliberately qualifying slower than what the car can actually perform
- Slow play (poker), deceptive play in poker
- Sandbagging (rock climbing), recommending a route to a fellow climber which is known to be particularly challenging in the hope that the climber should find it more difficult than expected
- Sandbagging (law), suing for a breach of a contractual representation or warranty despite having known at the time of the contract that it was untrue.
- Sandbagging (sales), when one withholds sales on purpose to help him qualify for next month's promotions or withholds due to laziness.
- Sandbagging (social), when one withholds comments or information that could support another person's or party's cause or argument, especially after a previous understanding, or implied understanding, that support would be provided.
- Sandbagging (professional wrestling), where a wrestler being lifted intentionally shifts his weight to feel heavier, making the other wrestler appear weak or clumsy.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sandbagging.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.