Marathi: संदीप रानडे
8 July 1981
|Years active||2005 - Present|
|Genres||Hindustani Classical khayal|
Sandeep Ranade (alias "Naadrang"; born 1981) is an Indian Classical khayal vocalist from Pune. He is regarded for his work about the techniques, aesthetics, and philosophy of music articulated as a contemporary "naad yoga".
Born in Bangalore, Ranade began learning music at an early age and gave his first public performance at age 6. He studied computer software and engineering at University of Pune and Johns Hopkins University, later working at Microsoft and Google. Ranade performed music extensively across North America during that time. He later returned to Pune to focus on music, teach, and build a start-up.
Ranade frequently gives performances and has performed throughout North America and India. As a supporting vocalist, he has accompanied Pandit Jasraj twice at the Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Mahotsav.
Ranade is considered a leading musician of the Mewati gharana and disciple of Pandit Jasraj.  He also learned from Shobha Abhyankar and Anjali Joglekar-Ponkshe. Critics have celebrated the lustrous quality of Ranade's voice and musicality.
Ranade has developed an iOS app for practicing riyaaz and developing shrutis, called "NaadSadhana". Utilizing AI, NaadSadhana utilizes iOS's low-latency capabilities for responsive feedback. Ranade's app has been praised as "world-class" by technologists and musicians."
|Untitled||2005||1. Raag Madhuwanti
2. Raag Kalawati
3. Raag Miyan Malhar
|Milind Kulkarni (harmonium) |
Rohit Mazumdar (tabla)
|Untitled||2008||1. Raag Malkauns
2. Raag Charukeshi
3. Raag Hemavati
4. Bhavgeet based on Shanta Shelke's poem
|Ramdas Palsule (tabla) |
Tanmay Deochake (harmonium)
|Mana Tarana Gaaye||2010||1. Raag Marwa
2. Raag Chandrakauns
3. Raag Miyan Malhar (Chatrang)
|Tanmay Deochake (harmonium) |
Vibhav Khandolkar (tabla)
|The Young Masters of Tomorrow||2011||Raag Jog
1. "Ay piya ghar aave" (vilambit ektaal)
2. "Kab tohe mein dekh paun" (madhyalaya teentaal)
3. "Tum bin kaise kate" (druth teentaal)
4. Tarana (druth teentaal)
5. "Dekh mori rang mein" (madhyalaya teentaal)
6. "Hya Bhavanatil Geet Purane" (natyageet in teentaal)
7. "Piya more aawat nahin" (vilambit rupak)
8. "Kaiso niko laagoma" (madhyalaya teentaal)
9. "Aaj more ghar ayalia balama" (druth teentaal)
Raag Ramdasi Malhar
10. "Sawan ke badra chhaye" (madhyalaya teentaal)
11. "He Surano Chandra Vha" (natyageet in rupak)
12. "Mata Kalika" (Bhajan in teentaal)
|Amit Kavthekar (tabla) |
Mohan Bhide (harmonium)
|Elements by Naadrang||2017||Raag Gujri Todi
1. "Agni (Fire)" (ada chautaal)
Raag Miyan Malhar
2. "Jal (Water)" (teentaal)
3. "Aakash (Space)" (bhajani)
4. "Pruthvi (Earth)" (chautaal)
5. "Vayu (Air)" (ektaal)
6. "Kaliyug (Age of Vice)" (teentaal)
- "About". www.endlessevolution.org.
- "Fundraising Events To Help Tsunami Victims". Lokvani.
- D'Sa, Francis (16 May 2019). "NaadSadhana: A Tabla-Swarmandal AI/ML jugalbandi app for classical singers, trainees". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- Gujadhur, Rattan (June 7, 2019). "Music: In conversation with Sandeep Ranade". lexpress.mu.
- "In a Nation of Android Users, Why These Developers Are All in on Apple's iOS". NDTV Gadgets 360.
- D'Sa, Francis (May 16, 2019). "NaadSadhana: A Tabla-Swarmandal AI/ML jugalbandi app for classical singers, trainees". The Asian Age.