Sandeep Kumar Shukla is currently Poonam and Prabhu Goel Chair Professor and Head of Computer Science and Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India. He is currently the Editor-in-Chief of ACM Transactions on Embedded Systems, and associate editor for ACM transactions on Cyber Physical Systems.
Professor Sandeep K. Shukla is an IEEE fellow, an ACM Distinguished Scientist, and served as an IEEE Computer Society Distinguished Visitor during 2008-2012, and as an ACM Distinguished Speaker during 2007-2014. In the past, he has been associate editors for IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, IEEE Design & Test, IEEE Embedded Systems Letters, and many other journals.
He was a faculty at the Virginia Tech, Arlington, Virginia between 2002 and 2015. In 2014, he was named Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) for contributions to applied probablistic model checking for system design. He has authored several books on systems
|Known for||System Security|
Formal methods, System level design for hardware, software, and embedded systems, Network application design, Formal verification, Stochastic methods in embedded systems design, Embedded software engineering, System synthesis
Formal methods, System level design languages and frameworks, Component based and platform based design, System level power management, Formal verification and its use in system design, Concurrency analysis, Embedded systems design and co-design, Software engineering for embedded aystems, Distributed object technology and its application in embedded systems design, Networked embedded systems, Self-stabilization and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Nano, Quantum and Molecular Computing Implications to High Level Design and Validation, Springer Publishing, 2004, ISBN 9781402080685
- Formal Methods and Models for System Design A System Level Perspective, Springer Publishing, 2004, ISBN 9781402080524
- SystemC Kernel Extensions for Heterogeneous System Modeling A Framework for Multi-MoC Modeling & Simulation, Springer Publishing, 2004, ISBN 9781402080883
- Ingredients for Successful System Level Design Methodology, Springer Publishing, 2008, ISBN 9781402084720
- Fundamental Problems in Computing, Springer Publishing, 2009, ISBN 9781402096884
- Metamodeling-Driven IP Reuse for SoC Integration and Microprocessor Design, Artech House Publishing, 2009, ISBN 9781596934245
- Synthesis of Embedded Software, Springer Publishing, 2010, ISBN 9781441964007
- Low Power Hardware Synthesis from Concurrent Action-Oriented Specifications, Springer Publishing, 2010, ISBN 9781441964816
- Low Power Design with High-Level Power Estimation and Power-Aware Synthesis, Springer Publishing, 2012, ISBN 9781461408727
- "2014 elevated fellow". IEEE Fellows Directory.
|This article about a United States engineer, inventor or industrial designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|