Boschker in training with Twente
|Full name||Sander Bernard Jozef Boschker|
|Date of birth||20 October 1970|
|Place of birth||Lichtenvoorde, Netherlands|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|SV Longa '30|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Lichtenvoorde, Oost Gelre, Gelderland, Boschker made his professional debuts with FC Twente in the 1989–90 season, appearing in one game with the first team. After an irregular beginning he firmly established himself in the side's starting XI, going on to play in more than 400 official matches for the Eredivisie club.
Aged almost 33 Boschker moved to AFC Ajax, but had to settle with battling for being backup with the Amsterdam club, unable to dislodge youth product Maarten Stekelenburg. The following summer he returned to Twente, adding next to 200 more official appearances (in the 2008–09 campaign, he only missed five league contests for an eventual runner-up finish), and playing into his 40s.
In 2009–10, Boschker played in all 34 games as Twente won the first league title in the club's history – he only conceded 23 goals, second-best in the competition. Since 2010, though, he acted as understudy to Nikolay Mihaylov, and spent most of the following year rehabbing after two calf injuries.
Although Boschker never made an appearance for the Netherlands until 2010, he was included in Marco van Basten's provisional squad for UEFA Euro 2008. However, following the friendly against Ukraine on 21 May, the manager released him, as he was deemed only the fourth-choice goalkeeper.
After a stellar 2009–10 club season, 39-year-old Boschker was included in the provisional squad of 30 players for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. On 27 May 2010, national team manager Bert van Marwijk announced that the player would be part of the final squad of 23, and Boschker appeared in a friendly with Ghana in Rotterdam (4–1 victory), replacing Michel Vorm at half-time; as a result, he became both the oldest player to ever make his debut and play for the Dutch national team.
- "FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 – List of players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Een leven lang FC Twente voor Sander Boschker (Sander Boschker, a lifetime with Twente); FC Twente, 4 September 2012 (in Dutch)
- "Sander Boschker en Denny Landzaat verlengen contract" [Sander Boschker and Denny Landzaat extend contract] (in Dutch). FC Twente. 25 June 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- Van Basten names squad; Sky Sports, 6 May 2008
- Van Basten releases provisional pair Archived 28 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Van Marwijk trims Dutch squad to 27". AFP. 15 May 2010. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Holland coach Bert van Marwijk finalises World Cup squad". The Guardian. Press Association. 27 May 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- Unlikely internationals 10: Sander Boschker, Total Football NL, 2 March 2011