Sander Jan Klerk
|Sander Jan Klerk|
Sander Jan Klerk in 2016
|Born||Sander Jan Klerk
June 19, 1982
Den Haag, the Netherlands
|Years active||1995 ─ Present|
|Awards||Soap Award 2005, Best Actor|
Klerk is the youngest son from a family with 2 children. He was born in Den Haag grew up in the Westland. He lived in London, UK for 2 years.
Klerk studied at the Actorsstudio, Theatreschool Rabarber and the Dutch Musical Ensemble and did workshops and masterclasses in the Netherlands and the UK.
He began his professional acting career as a teenager, appearing in various TV dramas including Westenwind, Baantjer, Dok12, Onderweg naar Morgen and Meiden van de Wit. Klerk was a guest actor in 4 episodes of Het Glazen Huis dramaseries from Endemol. He also played parts in movies from the movieacademie Amsterdam, commercials, and did voiceover work for commercials.
Klerk starred in the Nickelodeon (TV channel) television series Zoop (TV) in the role of Aaron Zomerkamp. He reprised this role in the feature film "Zoop in Africa". This TV series and film have won many awards, including the "Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award", the "Kinderkast Televisieprijs", the "Golden film", the "Prijs van succes" of the Nederlands Filmfonds and the "Gouden Stuiver Televizierring". For his role as Aaron in Zoop the TV series Sander has won the "Soap Award 2005" for best actor, the "ZOOP online award 2005" for favorite actor and the "ZOOP award 2005" for best actor.
Theatre credits include; Grease - (Doody), Jekyll & Hyde - (Simon Stride), Tita Tovenaar (Tom de Tuinman), A Christmas Carol and Soldier of Orange. Klerk also appeared in the TV shows of the annual Dutch John Kraaijkamp Musical Awards Gala's (2000 to 2011) and Musicals in Ahoy' 2002 (seven shows in Ahoy Rotterdam) the All Star Musical Gala and Musicals in Ahoy' 2004 (nine shows in Ahoy Rotterdam) Musical Meets Movie. All from Joop van den Ende Theatreproductions/Stage Entertainment.
Klerk performed in many shows and concerts, including the 25-year Government Jubilee Gala of Queen Beatrix, World Press Gala, 100 Years Circustheatre Gala (Fortis Circustheatre Scheveningen), Opening Martiniplaza Groningen, Quality of Life Gala and the Footballer of the year-gala's. From 2000 to 2010 Klerk performed in the annual TV shows of the Musical Sing-Along on the Amsterdam Uitmarkt. Klerk sang in the formation "ForNow" with Erica Bakker and Gijs van Winkelhof.
In 2012 Klerk performed in Musical Classics in Ahoy in Ahoy Rotterdam, produced by Rocket. In October 2012 Klerk was backing vocalist for Mika at his European tour “The Origin of Love", named after the album.
Klerk played in the NET 5 TV series “Achter Gesloten Deuren” (Behind Closed Doors) in the role of Thomas Henegouwen. These series were broadcast in fall 2012. From October 2012, Klerk was in the European McDonald's commercials, where he played the role of "young professional". In 2014 Klerk played in the SBS6 TV series "Danni Lowinski". In 2015 he appeared in the RTL-series Goede tijden, slechte tijden as Bas Luster.
In 2016 he guest starred in the role of "Pieter Broekman" in the TV drama Moordvrouw.
- Westenwind (TV Series, 2000) - Alexander
- Baantjer (TV Series, 2002) - Convict
- Dok 12 (TV Series, 2002) – Sven de Wilde
- Musicals in Ahoy' 2002 the “All Star Musical Gala” (TV Show, 2002)
- Musicals in Ahoy' 2004 “Musical Meets Movie” (TV Show, 2004)
- John Kraaijkamp Musical Awards Gala (TV Show, 2000 to 2011)
- Musical Sing-Along (TV Show, 2000 to 2010)
- Onderweg Naar Morgen (TV Series, 2003) - Doctor
- Meiden van de Wit (TV Series, 2003) - Daniel de Ridder
- Het Glazen Huis (TV Series, 2004) – Actor “Zilver & Goud”
- Zoop (TV) (TV Series, 2005-2006) – Aaron Zomerkamp
- Zoop in Africa (Film, 2005) – Aaron Zomerkamp
- The Making of Zoop in Africa (Documentary, 2005) – Himself
- Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (TV Show, 2005) – Himself
- Sonny Boy (2011 film) (Film, 2011) – German Soldier
- Musical Classics in Ahoy (TV Show, 2012)
- Achter Gesloten Deuren (TV Series, 2012) – Thomas Henegouwen
- Danni Lowinski (TV Series, 2014) - Erik Courier
- Goede tijden, slechte tijden (TV Series, 2015) - Bas Luster
- Moordvrouw (TV Series, 2016) - Pieter Broekman
- The Hitman's Bodyguard (Film, 2017) - Voice-Over
- Djeo Madjula (ZOOP in Africa)
- 3 Musketiers Album (Bolland & Bolland)
- Fosse Album