Vigo County's location in Indiana
|Vigo County, Indiana|
|Elevation||650 ft (200 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||442999|
Sandford was established in 1854 at the state line between Illinois and Indiana. With the building of the Indianapolis & St. Louis Railroad, it became an important town in the area. In 1890 it had a population of approximately 250.
A post office was established at Sandford in 1855, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1995.
Sandford is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Sandford, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Bradsby, H.C. (1891). History of Vigo County, Indiana, with Biographical Selections. Chicago: S. B. Nelson & Co. p. 481.
- "Vigo County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
|This Vigo County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|