Sandler is a surname derived from Hebrew "Sandlar" (סנדלר)—"sandal-maker", i.e. shoemaker—which passed over to Yiddish with the same meaning. Thus, persons having this name are likely to have had a shoemaker among their ancestors, though it might be many generations in the past. Holders of the name include:
- Adam Sandler (born 1966), American actor and comedian
- Anthony Sandler is the Chief of Pediatric Surgery at Children's National Medical Center, where he also serves as the Principal Investigator in the Children's Research Institute and the Center for Cancer and Immunology Research (CCIR). Sandler is also a professor of surgery and pediatrics at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Barry Sandler (born 1947), American screenwriter and film producer
- Bernice Sandler (born 1928) is an American women's rights activist.
- Boris Sandler (born 1950), Yiddish-language author and journalist
- Ethan Sandler (born 1973), American actor
- Herbert Sandler, American banker
- Karen Sandler is the executive director of the Software Freedom Conservancy, former executive director of the GNOME Foundation, an attorney, and former general counsel of the Software Freedom Law Center.
- Irving Sandler (born July 22, 1925) is an American art critic, art historian, and educator.
- Jackie Sandler (born 1974), American actress and wife of Adam Sandler
- Jonathan Sandler (1982–2012), French rabbi assassinated on March 19th, 2012 with his two sons during the 2012 Midi-Pyrénées shootings in Toulouse
- Joseph Sandler (born 1953), Washington, D.C. attorney
- Karen Sandler, attorney
- Larry Sandler, American geneticist
- Lowenstein Sandler is an AmLaw 200 corporate law firm with offices in New York, Palo Alto, Washington, D.C., and Roseland, NJ. In 2011, the firm was ranked 168th largest in the United States in terms of attorney headcount by the National Law Journal, and 136th in profit per attorney by the AmLaw 200 survey (June 2011).
- Marion Sandler (October 17, 1930 – June 1, 2012) was the former co-CEO (with her husband Herbert Sandler) of Golden West Financial Corporation and World Savings Bank.
- Örjan Sandler (born 28 September 1940) is a Swedish speed skater who competed in five Winter Olympics between 1964 and 1980.
- Paul Mark Sandler is a Maryland trial lawyer and author of numerous books on trial advocacy and litigation.
- Philippe Sandler, Dutch footballer
- Rickard Sandler (1884–1964), Prime Minister of Sweden (1925–1926)
- Ron Sandler, British banker
- Steven Sandler (born December 26, 1958) is an American inventor and businessman.
- Tony Sandler (born 1933), Belgian singer, entertainer and performer
|surname Sandler. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|