This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2013)
Sandock-Austral is defunct defence contractor of South Africa. It was formed through the 1971 merger of the Austral armaments company and Sandock Ltd dockyards, as a subsidiary of the Gencor mining group.
Sandock-Austral has developed a number of notable products, such as:
- The Ratel infantry fighting vehicle.
- The Eland Mk2 armoured car.
- Mamba Mk2 and Romad series of mine-protected armoured personnel carriers.
It was also responsible for the construction of the SAS Drakensberg, South Africa's most sophisticated indigenous warship.
- "SA Shipyards". www.sa-shipyards.co.za. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Washington Report on Africa. Vol 5. Welt Publishing Company. 1986. p. 42.
|This South African corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South African military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|