Katz is a self-described "fermentation fetishist" and has taught hundreds of fermented food workshops around the United States and his book Wild Fermentation has been called a classic, "the bible for people embarking on DIY projects like sourdough or sauerkraut", and "especially notorious for getting people excited about fermenting food". In 2009, he was named one of Chow magazine's top trendsetters and rabble-rousers.
Katz was the subject of the 2009 song by the punk rock band Propagandhi, "Human(e) Meat (The Flensing of Sandor Katz)," a satirical vegan response to Katz's 2006 chapter on "Vegetarian Ethics and Humane Meat" in The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved.
- Katz, Sandor (1995). Anne Frank: Voice of Hope. (Junior World Biographies). Chelsea House Publishers. ISBN 0-7910-2120-3.
- Katz, Sandor (1996). Whoopi Goldberg: Performer with a Heart. (Junior Black Americans of Achievement). Chelsea House Publishers. ISBN 0-7910-2396-6.
- Katz, Sandor (2003). Wild Fermentation: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods. Chelsea Green Publishing Company. ISBN 1-931498-23-7.
- Katz, Sandor Ellix (2006). The Revolution Will Not be Microwaved: Inside America's Underground Food Movements. White River Junction, Vt.: Chelsea Green Publ. ISBN 1933392118.
- Katz, Sandor (2012). The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from Around the World. Chelsea Green Publishing Company. ISBN 978-1603582865.
- "An interview with underground foodie hero Sandor Katz". Grist Magazine. 17 May 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- "On the Hunt for Wild Yeast: Chatting with home fermentation expert Sandor Ellix Katz". CHOW Magazine. 18 March 2009. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- "The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved: An Interview with Sandor Ellix Katz". Healing the Earth radio. 15 August 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- Lessley Anderson (2 November 2009), The CHOW 13: Sandor Katz, p. 10
- "Pickling Pioneer Preaches Gospel of Fermentation". The Scroll. 19 September 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Sandor Katz (2006), The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved, Chelsea Green Publishing, p. 95, ISBN 1-933392-11-8
- Winborn, George (30 May 2008), "Fermentation Fervor" (PDF), Just Out: 43
- wildfermentation.com, Sandor Katz's home page
- Sandorkraut, a portrait of Sandor Katz (2014, 12 min)
- "How the Farm Bill Affects What We Eat: with guests Michael Pollan, Dr. Marion Nestle and Sandor Ellix Katz" (Podcast). NPR Science Friday. 10 August 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- Zeichner, Walter. Fermented Foods Carry Culture and Health (archived 2014). Out in the Mountains.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|