This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2006) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Municipality||City of Johannesburg|
|• Total||3.74 km2 (1.44 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,700/km2 (4,400/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||35.9%|
|First languages (2011)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)|
Sandown is an affluent suburb of Johannesburg, South Africa, in Sandton. It is located in Region E of the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality. Sandown is both a residential and commercial area and is home to the offices of many major national and international corporations as well as the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in the area known as Sandton Central. The Gautrain rapid rail system's Sandton Station is located in Sandown, linking Sandton to O.R. Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg Central and the Capital City, Pretoria.
65.5% spoke English, 7.8% Zulu, 6.0% Tswana, 5.0% Northern Sotho, 3.1% Afrikaans, 2.4% Xhosa, 2.1% Sotho, 1.7% Venda, 1.7% Tsonga, 0.8% Southern Ndebele. 0.4% Swazi and 3.4% some other language as their first language.
- "Sub Place Sandown". Census 2011.
- "Sandown - Seeff Properties."
- "JSE Contact details"
- "Gautrain Sandton Station."
- "Gautrain O R Tambo Station."
- "Gautrain Johannesburg Park Station."
- "Final Draft, Sandton Urban Development Framework - A Brief History of Sandton". Sandton Central Management District. Archived from the original on 2008-10-20. Retrieved 2009-02-25.
|This Johannesburg-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|