Sandoz Family Foundation
The Sandoz Family Foundation, created in 1964, is a private Swiss foundation.
The foundation was created by sculptor Édouard-Marcel Sandoz, son of Édouard Constant Sandoz, founder in 1866 of the Basel-based company Sandoz, now Novartis. Its purpose is to engage in charitable activities in various fields of education and training, higher education and research, as well as in cultural and social activities.
The foundation operates mainly in Switzerland in several fields, including support and encouragement of artistic culture with the Edouard and Maurice Sandoz Foundation (FEMS), and economically in the watchmaking sector with the support of Parmigiani Fleurier and Vaucher Manufacture in Fleurier, as well as in the hotel business with six hotels: one in Neuchâtel, one in Zermatt and four in Lausanne, including the Beau-Rivage Palace in Lausanne, the Lausanne Palace and the Château d'Ouchy.
The foundation also participates in the financing and support of the pharmaceutical industry with Novartis, in the graphic arts and printing sector with the graphic arts company Genoud in Mont sur Lausanne, PCL Presses Centrales in Renens, Imprimerie Cornaz in Yverdon-les-Bains, Musumeci in Aosta (Italy), and in technology and communication with Interoute. The foundation indicates that its investment policy is oriented towards technological innovation and sustainable development.
Edouard and Maurice Sandoz Foundation Award
The FEMS Prize, a grant of 100,000 Swiss francs, has been awarded every year since 1996 to an artist whose creative project has been selected by a jury. The scholarship is awarded alternately to a project in the field of sculpture, literature, music and painting.
- (in French)Valère Gogniat, Philanthropie, La mue de la Fondation Sandoz fait trembler la Suisse romande, October 19, 2018 Le Temps.ch]].
- (in French)Foyer atelier J et M Sandoz educ.ch.
- (in French)Jardin Botanique de Neuchâtel.
- (in French)La Fondation de famille Sandoz rachète l’hôtel, April 29, 2015 La Liberté CH.
- (in French) Ralph Berger, Selon «Forbes», la famille Landolt est la plus riche de Suisse, March 1, 2003 Le Temps.ch.
- (in French)Nina Brissot, L'impression papier n'est pas morte, June 21, 2012 Le Régional.
- (in French)Passage de témoins aux Imprimeries Genoud, January 8, 2012 24 heures.ch.
- (in French)PCL presses centrales
- (in French)Partenariat entre les IRL plus et la Fondation de Famille Sandoz- Arts graphiques, January 23, 2014 Cominmag.ch.
- "Citco announces change in ownership but remains independent," HedgeWeek, August 8, 2005.
- (in French)Fems, Liste des Lauréats