|Designer||Leonardo da Costa Sayago|
|Builder(s)||Sandpiper Marine and CL Sailboats|
|Boat weight||1,200 lb (544 kg)|
|LOA||18.50 ft (5.64 m)|
|LWL||15.00 ft (4.57 m)|
|Beam||7.08 ft (2.16 m)|
|Hull draft||2.90 ft (0.88 m) keel down|
|Keel/board type||lifting keel|
|Ballast||300 lb (136 kg)|
|General||Fractional rigged sloop|
|I (foretriangle height)||23.50 ft (7.16 m)|
|J (foretriangle base)||7.00 ft (2.13 m)|
|P (mainsail luff)||18.00 ft (5.49 m)|
|E (mainsail foot)||8.00 ft (2.44 m)|
|Mainsail area||72.00 sq ft (6.689 m2)|
|Jib/genoa area||82.25 sq ft (7.641 m2)|
|Total sail area||154.25 sq ft (14.330 m2)|
Royalties were not paid by CL Sailboats to produce the design.
The Sandpiper 565 is a small recreational keelboat, built predominantly of fiberglass, with wood trim. It has a fractional sloop rig, a transom-hung rudder and a retractable fin keel. It displaces 1,200 lb (544 kg) and carries 300 lb (136 kg) of iron ballast.
The boat has a draft of 2.90 ft (0.88 m) with the keel down and 0.83 ft (0.25 m) with the keel retracted.
The design includes a high freeboard and a deep cockpit. It has sleeping accommodation for two adults and two small children below decks. The Sandpiper 565 was designed to be transported on a trailer towed by an automobile. With its fully retractable daggerboard keel it can operate in shallow water, including being easily beached.
In a review Michael McGoldrick wrote, "The Sandpiper's cabin has some real lounging space and plenty of room to sleep two adults, and possibility one or two young children. (The advertising literature claims that this boat can sleep 4 adults, which, strictly speaking, is true). This boat does have a fairly small cockpit, and with a total weight of 1200 pounds, it is starting to be a heavy load to pull behind a family car."
- Buccaneer 200
- Cal 20
- Catalina 18
- Edel 540
- Mistral T-21
- Naiad 18
- Paceship 20
- Sanibel 18
- San Juan 21
- Siren 17
- Browning, Randy (2016). "Sandpiper 565 sailboat specifications and details". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- InterVisionSoft LLC (2016). "Sailboat Specifications for Sandpiper 565". Sailing Joy. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Browning, Randy (2016). "Leonardo da Costa Sayago (1945-)". sailboatdata.com. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- McGoldrick, Michael (2002). "Sandpiper 565". Sailquest. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- McGoldrick, Michael (2018). "Sandpiper 565". Sail Quest. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
Media related to Sandpiper 565 at Wikimedia Commons