July 1, 1942 |
Los Angeles, California
Crouch won a Grammy Award in 1984 for "Best Soul Gospel Performance, Female". During the late 1960s through the early 1970s, she played tambourine on a number of Motown recording sessions.
Crouch was born on July 1, 1942 in Los Angeles, California along with her twin brother Andraé. Until his death in January 2015, she and her brother co-pastored Christ Memorial Church of God in Christ in Pacoima, California. On the day of her brother's death, Crouch released the following statement: "Today my twin brother, womb-mate and best friend went home to be with the Lord. Please keep me, my family and our church family in your prayers. I tried to keep him here but God loved him best."
- Gospel Legacy, 2008
- With All Of My Heart, 1992
- We're Waiting For You, 1985
- We Sing Praises, 1983
With Lalo Schifrin
- Rock Requiem (Verve, 1971)
- Rober Jablon. "Andrae Crouch Obituary". The Associated Press. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "Our Pastors". New Christ Memorial Church of God in Christ. Retrieved January 10, 2015.
- "Legendary Gospel Artist Andrae Crouch Dies at 72". KTLA 5. January 8, 2015. Retrieved January 8, 2015.