|Sandra E. Finan|
Maj Gen Sandra E. Finan
|Allegiance||United States of America|
||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1982—1985 (ANG)
|Awards||Air Force Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit (3)
Sandra E. Finan is the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) and Information Infrastructure Capabilities, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
Finan entered the Air National Guard in 1982 as an enlisted cryptographic equipment repairperson. She received her Air Force commission in 1985 as a distinguished graduate through Officer Training School. During her career, Finan has served in a variety of space and missile assignments in missile crew operations; training and evaluations; satellite command and control; and satellite operations. She has held staff assignments as executive assistant to the Director of Security and Emergency Operations with the Department of Energy, and National Military Command System command and control officer at U.S. Strategic Command. She has also served on the 20th Air Force staff and as a command evaluator at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California
Her commands include a space operation squadron and missile wing. Finan has deployed to the Combined Air Operations Center in Southwest Asia as the Director of Space Forces in support of operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. Prior to her assignment with the Nuclear Weapons Center, she was the Inspector General at Air Force Global Strike Command.
- 1978 Bachelor of Arts degree in music education, California State University, San Bernardino, California
- 1989 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- 1989 Master of Science degree in systems management, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- 1997 Master of Arts degree in national defense and strategic studies, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, Rhode Island
- 1997 Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Virginia
- 2004 Master of Strategic Studies degree, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- 2006 National Security Fellow, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York
- November 1982 – January 1985, Air National Guard cryptographic technician and Air Force Reserve military training instructor, Lackland AFB, Texas
- April 1985 – May 1987, protocol officer and executive officer, 2nd Bombardment Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
- June 1987 – August 1987, student, undergraduate missile training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- September 1987 – August 1991, senior evaluator commander and missile combat crew member, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
- September 1991 – September 1993, command operations evaluator, 3901st Missile Evaluation Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- October 1993 – June 1996, program manager; Chief, Standardization and Evaluation; and Chief, Training Programs, 20th Air Force, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
- July 1996 – June 1997, student, Naval Command and Staff College, Newport, R.I.
- July 1997 – September 1997, student, Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
- October 1997 – August 1999, special assistant to the Commander; executive assistant to the Deputy Commander; and National Military Command System command and control officer, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
- September 1999 – August 2000, executive assistant to the Director of Security and Emergency Operations, Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
- September 2000 – June 2001, operations officer, 21st Space Operation Squadron, Onizuka Air Force Station, Calif.
- July 2001 – June 2003, Commander, 21st Space Operations Squadron, and Installation Commander, Onizuka AFS, Calif.
- July 2003 – May 2004, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- June 2004 – July 2006, Vice Commander, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
- July 2006 – May 2008, Commander, 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
- June 2008 – August 2009, Director, Nuclear Operations, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
- September 2009 – December 2010, Inspector General, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
- January 2011 – January 2013, Principal Assistant Deputy Administrator for Military Application, Office of Defense Programs, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
- February 2013 – October 2015, Commander, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
- October 2015 – present, Deputy Chief Information Officer for Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) and Information Infrastructure Capabilities, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
Awards and decorations
|Master Space Operations Badge|
|Master Missile Operations Badge|
|Office of the Secretary of Defense Identification Badge|
Effective dates of promotion
|Major General||Aug 2, 2013|
|Brigadier General||May 7, 2010|
|Colonel||August 1, 2003|
|Lieutenant Colonel||July 1, 1999|
|Major||August 1, 1996|
|Captain||April 5, 1989|
|First Lieutenant||April 5, 1987|
|Second Lieutenant||April 5, 1985|
- "MAJOR GENERAL SANDRA E. FINAN > U.S. Air Force > Biography Display".
- "Air Force Bio – Sandra E. Finan". U.S. Air Force. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
Media related to Sandra Finan at Wikimedia Commons