Sandra Lee Fewer
Sandra Lee Fewer
|Member of the|
San Francisco Board of Supervisors
from District 1
|Assumed office |
January 8, 2017
|Preceded by||Eric Mar|
|Born||1956/1957 (age 61–62)|
|Political party||Democratic (affiliated)|
|Residence||San Francisco, California|
|Alma mater||City College of San Francisco|
Golden Gate University (BA) (MPA)
|Website||Board of Supervisors|
District 1 website
Sandra Lee Fewer (Chinese: 李麗嫦) is an American politician who serves as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors representing Supervisorial District 1. It includes the neighborhoods of Inner Richmond, Central Richmond, Outer Richmond, Lone Mountain, Golden Gate Park, Lincoln Park, University of San Francisco, and the Farallon Islands.
Personal life and education
Fewer is a fourth-generation Chinese American, and a San Francisco native. She and her husband, former San Francisco police officer John Fewer, raised their three children in the Richmond district, where she has lived for over 50 years.
Fewer has a bachelor's degree in Justice Administration and a master's degree in Public Administration.
Fewer was elected as the District 1 representative of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in November 2016, replacing supervisor Eric Mar who had reached his term limit. She was sworn in on January 8, 2017, becoming the first female supervisor of the Richmond district. Her election created a female majority on the Board of Supervisors for the first time in 20 years.
Selected awards and recognition
- Champion of Justice award, Chinese for Affirmative Action
- Parent Leadership award, Bay Area Parent Leadership Action Network
- Community Leadership award, Coleman Advocates
- Community Ally award, Harvey Milk Democratic Club
- Matthew S. Bajko (October 13, 2016). "Political Notebook: Moms battle for SF District 1 supe seat". Bay Area Reporter. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- "District 1". San Francisco Board of Supervisors. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Heather Knight (January 16, 2016). "City Hall's 5-year mom drought may end in November". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- "The School Board Graduate - Sandra Lee Fewer, Richmond". The Bay City Beacon. January 2, 2017. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Nikki Collister (December 23, 2016). "New District 1 Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer Talks Affordable Housing, Transit, Education, More". Hoodline. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- "School Board Elects Officers for 2014 Sandra Lee Fewer is New Board President". San Francisco Unified School District. January 15, 2014. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Emily Green (November 21, 2017). "Sandra Lee Fewer wins SF supervisor's race". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Nikki Collister (January 9, 2017). "Eschewing City Hall, District 1 Supervisor Sandra Lee Fewer Takes Oath Of Office In The Richmond". Hoodline. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sandra Lee Fewer.|