Sandra McCracken in performance at Ecclesia Church in Houston, Texas on September 24, 2006.
|Birth name||Sandra Marie McCracken|
|Born||June 16, 1977|
|Origin||St. Louis, Missouri, United States|
|Associated acts||Derek Webb|
As a singer/songwriter, McCracken has penned songs for Caedmon's Call (on albums In the Company of Angels, Back Home, and Overdressed) as well as for Derek Webb’s solo release, She Must and Shall Go Free and recorded eight albums of her own (in addition to contributing to many others).
McCracken grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and attended Westminster Christian Academy. McCracken began her musical career shortly after graduating from Belmont University, in 1999. She independently released two albums, The Crucible and Gypsy Flat Road in 2000, and 2001 respectively.
In late 2003, McCracken recorded Best Laid Plans with engineer, Ray Kennedy (Twang Trust) and world-renowned producer, Peter Collins. In the summer of 2004, McCracken signed the album to Shell Records in London, headed by UK music business legend, Dave Robinson. Shell released the album in the UK, followed by two radio singles, "Last Goodbye" and "No More Tears," which received significant airplay and attention across England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.
In 2005, McCracken released The Builder and the Architect, an album of hymns. The same team that worked on Best Laid Plans came together again in February 2006 to record album number five, Gravity / Love which was released in September 2006. In 2010, McCracken released In Feast or Fallow, another album of hymns, recorded at her home studio in East Nashville. Desire Like Dynamite was released in February 2013. Psalms was released in 2015 followed by God's Highway in September 2016.
On April 17, 2014, Sandra McCracken and her husband fellow singer-songwriter Derek Webb , announced that their marriage was coming to an end after thirteen years due to Webb's involvement in an extramarital affair.
- 2000: The Crucible
- 2001: Gypsy Flat Road
- 2004: Best Laid Plans
- 2005: The Builder and the Architect
- 2006: Gravity / Love
- 2008: Ampersand EP (with Derek Webb)
- 2008: Red Balloon
- 2009: Live Under Lights and Wires
- 2010: In Feast or Fallow
- 2011: TN EP (with Derek Webb)
- 2013: Desire Like Dynamite
- 2015: Psalms
- 2016: God's Highway
- With Rain for Roots
- 2012: Big Stories for Little Ones (with Ellie Holcomb, Katy Bowser, Flo Paris, & words by Sally Lloyd-Jones)
- 2014: The Kingdom of Heaven is Like This (with Ellie Holcomb, Katy Bowser, Flo Paris)
- 2015: "Waiting Songs" (with Katy Bowser and Flo Paris)
Notes and references
- American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. "Almighty God Work ID: 886831052 ISWC: T9140398330". American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. Retrieved April 19, 2015. Work ID: 886831052 ISWC: T9140398330
- Best Laid Plans. Sandra McCracken.com. Retrieved January 22, 2007
- Best Laid Plans. MusicOMH.com. Retrieved January 22, 2007.
- Liner Notes, In Feast or Fallow
- "Amazon.com: Sandra McCracken: In Feast Or Fallow: Music". amazon.com. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "Amazon.com: Desire Like Dynamite: Sandra McCracken: MP3 Downloads". amazon.com. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "DEREK WEBB". tumblr.com. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken's Divorce Announcement Rocks Christian Music Community". The Huffington Post. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- Davis, Cara. Sandra McCracken: No Shortcuts. Radiant Magazine. Retrieved January 22, 2007.
- Hyde, Oscar (January 2, 2014). "Review: Desire Like Dynamite - Sandra McCracken". Cross Rhythms. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Attmore, Joy (December 22, 2015). "Review: Psalms - Sandra McCracken". Cross Rhythms. Retrieved December 23, 2015.