|Born||June 1, 1936|
Morristown, New Jersey, U.S.
|Pen name||Jack Early|
|Genre||Young Adult, Mystery|
|Notable works||Suzuki Bean, Happy Endings Are All Alike, Trying Hard to Hear You, Everything You Have Is Mine|
|Notable awards||Eugene O'Neill Memorial Theatre Award (1972), Shamus Award of the Private Eye Writers of America.|
She came out as a lesbian in the 1970s. Her book Happy Endings Are All Alike (1978) was one of the earliest young-adult books to depict a lesbian relationship; it was chosen by the American Library Association for its "Best Books for Young Adults" list.
- Some Unknown Person (1977)
- Such Nice People (1980)
- Innocent Bystanders (1983)
- Beautiful Rage (2004)
- This Dame for Hire (2005)
- Too Darn Hot (2006)
As Jack Early
- A Creative Kind of Killer (1984)
- Razzamatazz (1985)
- Donato & Daughter (1988)
Lauren Laurano series
- Everything You Have Is Mine (1991)
- I'll Be Leaving You Always (1993)
- My Sweet Untraceable You (1994)
- Let's Face The Music and Die (1996)
- Gonna Take a Homicidal Journey (1999)
Young adult literature
- Trying Hard to Hear You (1974)
- The Late Great Me (1976)
- Happy Endings Are All Alike (1978)
- Long Time Between Kisses (1982)
- Playing Murder (1985)
- Bang, Bang, You're Dead (co-written with Louise Fitzhugh, illus. Fitzhugh) (Harper & Row, 1969)
- Day, Frances Ann (2000). Lesbian and gay voices: An annotated bibliography and guide to literature for children and young adults. Greenwood Press.
- Bird, Betsy; Danielson, Julie; Sieruta, Peter (5 August 2014). Wild Things! Acts of Mischief in Children’s Literature. Candlewick Press. p. 59. ISBN 978-0-7636-6771-9.
- Hymowech, Gena (29 June 2006). "Sandra Scoppettone: From Trying Hard to Hear You to Too Darn Hot". AfterEllen.com. Archived from the original on 5 June 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2011.