10 March 1970 |
|Highest ranking||No. 48 (14 August 1989)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||3rd round 1990|
|French Open||3rd round 1987 1992|
|Wimbledon||2nd round 1993|
|US Open||3rd round 1988 1989|
|Highest ranking||No. 75 (30 January 1989)|
Wasserman became Belgium's youngest Fed Cup player when she lost 6-3 7-6 (9-7) to Csilla Bartos of Hungary in October 1985 in Japan. She also lost the longest tie-break played by the Belgian Fed Cup team, losing 13-11 to Jennifer Capriati of the United States in 1990 in Atlanta, Georgia after losing the first set 6-0.
Her five 3rd round defeats in Grand Slam tournaments were:
- Australian Open 1990 lost to Dianne Van Rensburg
- French Open 1987 lost to Manuela Maleeva and 1992 lost to Nathalie Tauziat after qualifying both times
- US Open 1988 lost to Katerina Maleeva and 1989 lost to Arantxa Sánchez Vicario
Grand Slam singles tournament timeline
|Australian Open||A||2R||2R||3R||1R||A||2R||1R||0 / 6|
|French Open||3R||1R||2R||1R||A||3R||2R||A||0 / 6|
|Wimbledon||A||1R||A||1R||A||A||2R||A||0 / 3|
|U.S. Open||A||3R||2R||3R||A||A||1R||A||0 / 4|
|SR||0 / 1||0 / 4||0 / 3||0 / 4||0 / 1||0 / 1||0 / 4||0 / 1||0 / 19|
A = did not participate in the tournament.
SR = the ratio of the number of Grand Slam singles tournaments won to
the number of those tournaments played.
- Sandra Wasserman at the Women's Tennis Association
- Sandra Wasserman at the International Tennis Federation
- Sandra Wasserman at the Fed Cup
- "World Group 1985 1st Round Hungary defeated Belgium 3-0 in Japan". Fed Cup Official Website. ITF. Retrieved 2008-04-28.
|This biographical article relating to Belgian tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|