Sandro Donati in 2009
|Born||14 June 1947|
Monte Porzio Catone, Italy
He coached the Italy national athletics sprint team from 1977 to 1987, but was dismissed after denouncing the jump rigged by Giovanni Evangelisti at the 1987 World Championships in Athletics held in Rome. Author of several books about doping, he was Head of Research and Experimentation of Italian National Olympic Committee from 1990 to 2006. In 1999, after Lance Armstrong's first Tour de France victory, Donati assisted The Sunday Times journalist David Walsh in his pursuit of a connection between Armstrong and the infamous "doping doctor", Michele Ferrari.
- Donati, Sandro (1983). L'organizzazione dell'allenamento. Rome: Società stampa sportiva.
- Donati, Sandro (1989). Campioni senza valore. Florence: Ponte alle Grazie.
- Donati, Sandro (2012). Lo sport del doping. Chi lo subisce, chi lo combatte. Rome: EGA-Edizioni Gruppo Abele. ISBN 8865790334.
- "Tough On Doping, Tough On The Causes Of Doping – Francesco Conconi and the Introduction of the H-test". podiumcafe.com. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- The Man Who Knows Too Much Archived 2014-02-26 at the Wayback Machine, Sport Monthly, March 2003, retr from chrisharrisonwriting.com on 2012 10 20
- "La scheda di Donati - Consulente dell'agenzia mondiale antidoping" (in Italian). casadellalegalita.info. Retrieved 22 August 2012.