|Full name||Sandro Fabio Mareco|
|Born||May 13, 1987|
Haedo, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
|FIDE rating||2641 (July 2019)|
|Peak rating||2666 (March 2019)|
Sandro Fabio Mareco (born 13 May 1987) is an Argentine chess player. He was awarded the title of Grandmaster by FIDE in 2010. Mareco competed in the FIDE World Cup in 2011, 2013 and 2015. He has played for the Argentine national team in the Chess Olympiad since 2012.
Born in Haedo, Buenos Aires Province, Mareco won the South American Under 20 Championship in 2007. Thanks to this victory, he received a direct award of the title of International Master the following year. In 2012 he tied for first place in the Argentine Chess Championship, finishing second on countback.
In 2015, Mareco won the 10th American Continental Championship in Montevideo, Uruguay and the Argentine championship. In 2017 he won the Marcel Duchamp Cup in Montevideo with a perfect score of 9/9 points. In 2018 he won the HDBank Cup International Open in Hanoi, Vietnam and the Hogeschool Zeeland Tournament in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
- GM title application (PDF). FIDE.
- Adaucto Wanderley da Nóbrega. 2° Campeonato Sulamericano u20 (boys). BrasilBase.
- "Exciting finish in Argentina Chess Championship". Chessdom. 2012-07-14. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "GM Sandro Mareco is 2015 American Continental champion". Chessdom. 2015-05-25. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- Martínez, David (2015-05-28). "Sandro Mareco defeats a continent". chess24.com. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "GM Sandro Mareco is 2015 Argentinian champion". Chessdom. 2015-10-15. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- "The Week in Chess 1163". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2017-04-10.
- "Sandro Mareco is the winner in 8th HDBANK Cup International Open 2018". Chessdom. 2018-03-15. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- "The Week in Chess 1240". theweekinchess.com. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- Sandro Mareco rating card at FIDE
- Sandro Mareco games at 365Chess.com
- Sandro Mareco player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Sandro Mareco team chess record at Olimpbase.org
|This biographical article relating to an Argentine chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|