|Traded as||TSX: SSL|
|Founder||Nolan Watson, David Awram|
Number of employees
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. (formerly Sandstorm Resources) provides financing for precious metal mining companies in the form of a 'gold streaming' transaction whereby an upfront cash payment is exchanged for a percentage of gold production from the mine. The finance model has also been called a volumetric production payment transaction and originated in the oil and gas sector.
In April 2017 Sandstorm announced it had reached an agreement to acquire Mariana Resources in a share and cash acquisition valuing Mariana at US$4.04 per share. The business combination would create a mid-tier streaming company with 155 streams and royalties. 
In Q1 2017 Sandstorm reported record gold equivalent sales of 15,558 ounces, generating revenue of $18.8 million and a net income of $7.0 million. 
Sandstorm Resources (now Sandstorm Gold) was founded in 2008, when Nolan Watson and David Awram decided to create a metal streaming company that would be focused on gold acquisitions. Both Watson and Awram were former employees of Silver Wheaton, the first organization to apply this financial model to the mining industry. Sandstorm Gold is a publicly traded company, listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange under the symbol, SSL.
Sandstorm plans to grow and diversify through the acquisition of additional gold streams.
Royalties & Streams
In Q1 2017 Sandstorm acquired 22 new net smelter return royalties for US$1.9 million. The Company completed transactions with multiple junior mining companies including Kivalliq Energy, Evrim Resources, Tower Resources, Copper Fox Metals, Millrock Resources and Condor Resources. 
Management and directors
- Nolan Watson, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer
- David Awram, Senior Executive Vice President and Director
- Erfan Kazemi, Chief Financial Officer
- Ron Ho, Vice President of Finance
- Andrew T. Swarthout, Director; President and Director of Bear Creek Mining
- John P. A. Budreski, Director; President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Morien Resources Corp.
- David E. DeWitt, Director; Chairman of Pathway Capital Ltd.
- "Sandstorm Resources Announces Name Change to Sandstorm Gold". marketwire.com. February 17, 2011.
- "Commodity Flow-Nolan Watson is streaming a lot of business for two companies named Sandstorm". Financial Post Magazine. September 13, 2011.
- "What Does Volumetric Production Payment - VPP Mean?". investopedia.com. April 2008.
- "Sandstorm Gold and Mariana Resources Announce Combination to Create Leading Mid-Tier Streaming Company". www.juniorminingnetwork.com. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- "Sandstorm Gold Announces Q1 2017 Results". www.juniorminingnetwork.com. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Sandstorm Resources and the Gold Royalty Model". The Midas Letter. June 2009. Archived from the original on 2010-03-30.
- "The Silver Wheaton Success Story". The Northern Miner. February 1–7, 2010.
- "A Metal Stream Company 100% Exposed to the Gold Price". Paradigm Capital Market Report. August 26, 2009.
- "Welcome to Sandstorm". Sandstormltd.com. April 2014.
- "Sandstorm Gold Acquires 22 Royalties During Q1 2017". www.juniorminingnetwork.com. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Sandstorm Management & Directors". sandstormltd.com/. March 2014.
- Case, John (August 26, 2009). "A Metal Stream Company 100% Exposed to the Gold Price". Paradigm Capital Initiation Report.
- Curic, Anthona D. (March 11, 2010). "Precious Metals: Gold". Versant Partners - Sector Report.
- Korstrom, Glen (January 2–8, 2007). "2006 BiV Forty under 40 Winners - B.C.'s brightest young business stars totally exposed". Business In Vancouver. Archived from the original on 2011-07-18.
- McRae, Michelle (January 2003). "The 2002 UFE Medallists". Beyond Numbers.
- McRae, Michelle (June 2009). "Early Achievement Award Winners". Beyond Numbers.
- Moritsugu, John (April 14, 2010). "Sandstorm Targets More Than Precious Metals". Dow Jones News Service.
- O'Keefe, Matthew (April 1, 2010). "Full Stream Ahead". Cormark Securities Inc.
- Roulston, Lawrence (December 2009). "Year End Quarterly Review". Lawrence Roulston's Resource Opportunities.
- West, James (June 25, 2009). "Sandstorm Resources and the Gold Royalty Model". Midas Letter. Archived from the original on March 30, 2010.
- Nagle, Shane (February 24, 2011). "Taking The Royalty Space By Storm". National Bank Financial Equity Research.