|Elevation||948 ft (289 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||443005|
Sandusky was laid out 1882 along the railroad that was built through it. It was likely named after Sandusky, Ohio. A post office was established at Sandusky in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905.
Sandusky is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Harding, Lewis Albert (1915). History of Decatur County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 139.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 293. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
The name probably comes from the city...in Ohio.
- "Decatur County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
|This Decatur County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|