|Sandra "Sandy" Carter|
Sandy Carter at Enterprise 2.0 Conference, in November 2011
|Title||General Manager, IBM|
Sandra “Sandy” Carter is an American business executive, speaker and author. She was IBM’s worldwide General Manager of Ecosystem Development and Social Business until 30th Aug 2016.
Sandy Carter is known by some for her innovative Marketing 2.0 and some might say she has led the IBM brand to win over 14 industry marketing awards in the previous years.
Consistently recognized by her peers as one of the most influential and powerful women in technology, Forbes named Sandy Carter one of their 2016 Digital Influencers, Onalytica’s Top 100 Influencer both for Cloud and IoT and a Top Channel Chief by CRN Magazine. In 2015, she also received honors as a C-Suite Social Media Legend, Biz.Com’s 2015 Top Growth Hackers, B2B News Network’s 2015 B2B Influencer, Franz Edelman Laureate for Analytics Innovation, and one of CNN Top 10 Most Powerful Women in Tech. She has been awarded more than 25 social media awards for her innovative and successful implementation of Social Business techniques. Sandy is a board member of Girls in Tech and WITI (Women in Technology International). She was honored twice with the AIT United Nations Member of the Year award for helping developing countries in the area of technology.
One of the leading pioneers in the digital business revolution, Sandy Carter was a driving force of Innovation at IBM for the last decade. Most recently serving as IBM’s worldwide General Manager of Ecosystem Development, Sandy was the global evangelist responsible for connecting emerging technology companies and accelerators with enterprises to increase productivity and creativity while fostering a community of innovation.
Her numerous industry "awards" include: "Brand Leader of the Year" from the "World Brand Congress," "Top 10 in Social Media" from Altimeter Group and Fast Company's "Most Influential 'Women' in Technology." Sandy was named one of the "Ten most powerful women in tech" by CNN magazine. NAFE named Sandy a "Social Media Star" and "Woman of Excellence."
She has authored four books “The New Language of Business: SOA & Web 2.0”, which won the Platinum MarCom Award in 2008, and “The New Language of Marketing 2.0: Social Media”, which won the Silver Marketing Sherpa award in 2009, the "bestselling" "Get Bold” in 2011, and Extreme Innovation: 3 Superpowers for Purpose and Profit released in 2017.
- "The New Language of Business: SOA & Web 2.0." ISBN 0-13-195654-X
- "The New Language of Marketing 2.0: How to Use ANGELS to Energize Your Market" ISBN 978-0-13-714249-1
- "Get Bold: Using Social Media to Create a New Type of Social Business” ISBN 0-13-261831-1
- "Extreme Innovation: 3 Superpowers for Purpose and Profit" ISBN 0995030278, ISBN 978-0995030275
- "2009 Brand Leadership Award Winners". World Brand Congress.
- "Women in Tech: The Executives". fastcompany.com. Jan 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "10 most powerful women in tech". CNN. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "2012 NAFE (National Association for Female Executives and Entrepreneurs) Women of Excellence".
- "MarketingSherpa’s 2009 Email Awards Gallery: Get Inspired by These Exceptional Campaigns" (PDF). MarketingSherpa. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- AUD hosts IBM Vice President Sandy Carter
- "'Culture Eats Strategy for Lunch': An Interview with IBM's Sandy Carter". Reuters. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "Interview with Sandy Carter at IBM's IMPACT 2009 Conference". InformationWeek. May 13, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- "The "S" Stands for Service: An Interview with Sandy Carter, IBM’s VP of SOA Strategy". MarketingSherpa. Retrieved 2009-04-16.