||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Alexander Clark|
|Date of birth||28 October 1956|
|Place of birth||Airdrie, Scotland|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|1982–1983||West Ham United||26||(7)|
|1984–1989||Heart of Midlothian||136||(35)|
|1993–1994||Heart of Midlothian|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Alexander "Sandy" Clark (born 28 October 1956 in Airdrie) is a Scottish professional football player and coach who is currently assistant manager to Allan Johnston at Scottish League One side Dunfermline Athletic.
He played for several clubs in his playing career including his home town club Airdrieonians, Rangers, Heart of Midlothian (Hearts) and West Ham United. His longest and most successful spells were those at Tynecastle and Broomfield. In 1982, Clark won the Scottish PFA Players' Player of the Year award.
Clark was striker coach at Aberdeen. He left the club in May 2009 along with manager Jimmy Calderwood and assistant Jimmy Nicholl. In January 2010 he joined Kilmarnock as first team coach, working under the same management team until the end of the 2009–10 season. Clark was a sports performance lecturer at Cumbernauld College after leaving Kilmarnock.
Clark was appointed Queen of the South's assistant manager to Allan Johnston on 14 May 2012. Johnston and Clark signed a one-year contract extension on 13 April 2013, but then moved onto Kilmarnock as that club's new management team in June 2013. Clark left Kilmarnock in May 2014 and was appointed assistant manager to Darren Young at Albion Rovers in June 2014. At the end of the 2014–15 season, Clark left Albion Rovers and was once again re-united with Allan Johnston, this time as assistant manager of Scottish League One team Dunfermline Athletic.
- Hamilton Academical
- Lanarkshire Cup : 1997-98
- St Johnstone
- Forfarshire Cup : 1998-99
- "Manager Jimmy Calderwood will not return to Kilmarnock". BBC Sport (BBC). 31 May 2010. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Queen of the South appoint Sandy Clark as assistant manager". BBC Sport (BBC). 14 May 2012. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Barnes, John (25 June 2013). "Kilmarnock: Allan Johnston becomes new manager". BBC Sport (BBC). Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Parks, Gordon (25 June 2013). "Kilmarnock get their man as Queen of the South boss Allan Johnston agrees to replace Kenny Shiels at Rugby Park". Daily Record (Trinity Mirror).
- Barnes, John (26 May 2014). "Kilmarnock: Sandy Clark leaves role as assistant manager". BBC Sport (BBC). Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Darren Young replaces James Ward as Albion Rovers boss". BBC Sport (BBC). 10 June 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Dunfermline to appoint Sandy Clark as assistant boss". The Courier. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Nicky Clark: Rangers agree deal to sign Queen of the South striker". BBC Sport (BBC). 28 May 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2014.