Sandymoor is a civil parish in Runcorn, Halton, Cheshire, England, with a population of approximately 2,616. The majority of housing in Sandymoor was built post-1990 and the parish was formed in 2008 by the Halton (Parish Electoral Arrangements) Order 2008. Sandymoor lies approximately 4 miles east of Runcorn town centre, 5 miles south-west from Warrington town centre and 2 miles north of the M56 motorway.
Sandymoor is an affluent parish, having been ranked among the 10% least deprived LSOAs (Neighbourhoods) in the country in the Department for Communities and Local Government's 'English indices of Deprivation'.
Sandymoor has been undergoing rapid development in recent years, with construction of new homes anticipated to be complete by 2019.
Further improvements have been discussed, including opening a primary school and creating a station on the Chester-Manchester railway line which runs along the eastern edge of the parish.
Places of interest
- Sandymoor Hall, a community hall hosting daily clubs, classes and events.
- Sandymoor School, a secondary free school established in 2012.
- Manor Park, an industrial estate containing manufacturing, office and warehouse facilities for companies including Thermo Fisher Scientific, The Protein Works, Warburtons, Lidl and B&M
Near to Sandymoor
- Norton Priory, a museum and the most excavated monastery site in Britain
- Sci-Tech Daresbury, a science and innovation campus whose tenants include the Daresbury Laboratory and Cockcroft Institute
- Runcorn Shopping City, the main shopping area in Runcorn opened by Queen Elizabeth II in 1972
- The Mersey Gateway bridge, a 1,000 m long cable-stayed bridge across the River Mersey between Runcorn and Widnes. On the Runcorn side this bridge connects to the Daresbury Expressway (A558) and the Central Expressway (A533) towards Sandymoor.
- Daresbury Village, famous as the birthplace of Lewis Carroll
- Creamfields, a large dance music festival which is held on August Bank Holiday
- The Brindley theatre and arts centre, an award-winning theatre and arts centre in Runcorn Old Town
- Runcorn East railway station
- Walton Hall
- Halton Castle
- Norton Water Tower
- Bridgewater Canal
- Manchester Ship Canal
Sandymoor is served by a number of nearby schools, namely:
- Sandymoor School, a secondary free school which opened in 2012, rated as 'good' by Ofsted in 2014
- Windmill Hill Primary School, rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in 2013 
- Daresbury Primary School, rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in 2008 
- Moore Primary School, rated as 'good' by Ofsted in 2013 
- "Persons - Office for National Statistics". Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- Halton (Parish Electoral Arrangements) Order 2008 (PDF), Electoral Commission, retrieved 2009-01-15
- "English Indices of Deprivation 2010".
- [www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/planning/policyguidance/pdf/Supplementary%20Planning%20Documents/Adopted/Sandymoor_SPD_(2009).pdf "Sandymoor Supplementary Planning Document 2009"] Check
|url=value (help) (PDF).
- Ofsted: Windmill Hill Primary School
- Ofsted: Daresbury Primary School
- Ofsted: Moore Primary School
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sandymoor.|
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|