A snapshot of Sandymoor: Large detached houses, scenic ponds and swans everywhere.
|Sandymoor shown within Cheshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||North West England|
Sandymoor is a modern village and civil parish in the borough of Halton, Cheshire, England. The majority of housing in Sandymoor was built post-1990 and the parish was formed in 2008 by the Halton (Parish Electoral Arrangements) Order 2008. The parish lies approximately 4 miles east of Runcorn town centre, 5 miles south-west from Warrington town centre and 2 miles north of the M56 motorway.
Places of interest
- Within Sandymoor
- Norton Priory, a museum and the most excavated monastery site in Britain
- Sci-Tech Daresbury, a science and innovation campus whose tenants include the Daresbury Laboratory and Cockcroft Institute
- Manor Park, an industrial estate containing manufacturing, office and warehouse facilities for companies including Thermo Fisher Scientific, The Protein Works, Warburtons, Lidl and B&M
- Sandymoor Hall, a community hall hosting daily clubs, classes and events.
- Near to Sandymoor
- The Mersey Gateway bridge, a 1,000 m long cable-stayed bridge across the River Mersey between Runcorn and Widnes, due for completion in 2017. When complete it will connect on the Runcorn side to the Daresbury Expressway (A558) and Central Expressway (A533) close to Sandymoor.
- Daresbury Village, famous as the birthplace of Lewis Carroll
- Creamfields, a large dance music festival which is held on August Bank Holiday in the fields just outside of Sandymoor
- The Brindley theatre and arts centre, an award-winning theatre and arts centre in Runcorn Old Town
- Runcorn East railway station
- Walton Hall
- Halton Castle
- Norton Water Tower
- Bridgewater Canal
- Manchester Ship Canal
Sandymoor is served by a number of nearby schools, namely:
- Sandymoor School, a secondary free school which opened in 2012, rated as 'good' by Ofsted in 2014
- Windmill Hill Primary School, rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in 2013 
- Daresbury Primary School, rated as 'outstanding' by Ofsted in 2008 
- Moore Primary School, rated as 'good' by Ofsted in 2013 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sandymoor.|
|This Cheshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|