This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
18 May 1975 |
|Occupation||Actress, artist, dancer|
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In 1983 she entered Istanbul University State Conservatory's Ballet Department. During her school years she performed at school as well as in Contemporary Ballet Company as a soloist and corps de ballet dancer. During her studies she worked with celebrated teachers and choreaographs like Figen Yücel, Vecihi Ofluoğlu, Cem Ertekin, Marion-Yener Durukan, Valentina Sobseva, Ludmilla Marazova, Ramazan Bapov.
After getting her associate degree in ballet, she transferred to the same conservatory's Acting Department where she was a student of Yildiz Kenter and Haldun Dormen. In 1999, she graduated with her BA in Acting.
Between the years of 1994-1996 she appeared in many commercials. In 1996 she appeared in her first feature movie "Yaban" adapted by Ziya Öztan from the famous Turkish novel by Yakup Kadri Karaosmanoğlu. Directed by Nihat Durak, Celik played Emine, for which she got "The Best Supporting Actress" award in the 10th International Adana Golden Boll Film Festival.
The television series "Black Angel" which started in 1997 and became one of the most popular TV series in the history of Turkish television is a turning point in Sanem Celik's career. Her character Yasemin became one of the most famous villains on TV. For her performance she was awarded as "The Best Actress of The Year" by The Entertainment Journalists' Guild, along with Perran Kutman.
Between the years of 1999-2000 she worked as a voice-over artist for animation movies. In 2000 she was awarded as "The Best Actress" in Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival for her performance as Havva Adem in the movie "Elephants and Grass". She got five more awards in the same category with her performance in "Elephants and Grass" from different festivals and competitions. Meantime, she was on stage with Dormen Theatre Company in Ray Cooney's comedy "Run for Your Wife"
In 2002 she appeared as a juror in Orhan Ariburnu Film Festival. She started to take drawing courses.
In 2004 she was on TV again as the lead of the TV series "Aliye" produced by TMC on channel Atv. With a celebrated cast with Halit Ergenç, Nejat İşler, Ayla Algan, took attention and lasted 76 episodes. Celik was awarded as the best actress from four different competitions. Again in 2004, she appeared as Mary Smith in "Run for Your Wife" at Nedim Saban Tiyatrokare, which she was nominated for the Best Actress award in Afife Jale Theater Awards.
In 2005 she appeared in Biket Ilhan's movie "The Dark Face of the Moon". She played one of the leading roles along with actors like Memet Ali Alabora and Ali Poyrazoğlu. In the same year she added Motorsports to her hobbies. She was placed as the third in her first car race.
In 2006 after completing TV series "Aliye", she moved to Los Angeles. She attended courses and workshops in various disciplines. In 2008 she started shooting "Güldünya" produced by TMC for the Turkish television.
In 2012, for the first time after 17 years, she danced for the “Istanbul” show staged on the Shaman Dance Theater for the benefit of Turkey Education Volunteers.
In 2013 she was a member of the jury for the 3rd International Crime and Punishment Film Festival'’s Golden Scale Feature Film section.
In 2013 she starred as “Filiz” in the movie “Balık” (Fish) directed by Derviş Zaim in Bursa, sharing the leading role with Bülent İnal. In the same year, she featured as “Ulrike” a German policewoman with wellknown actors Erdal Beşikçioğlu and Nejat İşler in “Behzat Ç. Ankara Yanıyor” (Behzat C. Ankara is Burning) directed by Serdar Akar. Moreover, she was the leading actress in the TV series called “Inadina Yaşamak”.
The movie “Balık” (Fish) came to the theaters in Istanbul on 17 October 2014.
Celik resides in Los Angeles. She is represented by Filiz Küçük Yücel.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (March 2017)|
- 1982-1987: Erenköy Elementary School
- 1983: Istanbul Municipality Conservatory Part Time Ballet Department
- 1987: Scholarship "Durukan's Ballet School" Hannover, Germany
- 1987-1995: Istanbul University State Conservatory Ballet Department (Intermediate, High School, Associate Degree)
- 1995-1999: Istanbul University State Conservatory Acting Department (Becholer Degree)
Course and Workshop Taken
- 2002-2004: Drawing Course from Alev Mavitan- Bihrat Mavitan
- 2004: Piano Course from Yaprak Sandalcı - Emir Gamsızoğlu
- 2003: Color Course from Rifat Koçak, Bilgi University Editing Course
- 2007-2008: Edge Performing Arts Center Jazz Dance Classes - Figure drawing Workshops in Los Angeles
- 2006-2008: Tap Academy Dance Classes and Workshops, Dance Arts Academy Tap Dance Classes from Steve Zee, Jim Taylor, Sarah Riech
- 2008: Painting and Color Course from Alev Mavitan - Sculpture Course from Bihrat Mavitan
- 2010: The Animation Guild Figure drawing Course from Karl Gnass - Glenn Vilppu
- 1996: "Wild" Emine, dir. Nihat Durak, TRT
- 2000: "Elephants And Grass" Havva Adem, dir. Derviş Zaim, Pan Film
- 2003: "Children Of Secret" Guest Actress, dir. Ümit Güven, dir. Aydın Sayman, Tivoli Film
- 2005: "The Dark Face Of The Moon" Meryem, dir. Biket İlhan, Sinevizyon
- 2013: "Behzat C: Ankara is Burning" Ulrike, dir. Serdar Akar, Adam Film
- 2014: "Fish" Filiz Osmanoğlu dir. Derviş Zaim, Marathon Film
- 1997-1999: "Black Angel" Yasemin Saylan, dir. Uğur Erkır, dir. Dilek Gökçin, dir. Türkan Derya, Eylül Productions, Star TV
- 2000: "Bad Luck" Banu Bilge, dir. Tamer İpek, Eylül Productions, Star TV
- 2002: "My Dear Husband" Banu Berke, dir. Erden Kıral, dir. Hakan Gürtop, TRT1
- 2003: "What Was My Sin" Semiha, dir. Ümit Ünal, Delta Film, TRT1
- 2004-2006: "Aliye" Aliye Adıvar (Karahan), dir. Kudret Sabancı, TMC, ATV
- 2008-2009: "Güldünya" Gizem Ozsoy, dir. Ömür Atay, TMC, ATV
- 2013 : "Living Deliberately" "Zeynep" (Serdar Akar), Surec FIlm, Kanal D
- 1994: "Twix" Chocolate, "Telsim" Mobile Phone Company, "Limon Outfit Company"
- 1995: Sabah Newspaper Promotion Campaigns, Oğuzhan Tercan, Metin Arolat
- 1996: "Luna" Butter, dir. Sinan Çetin, "Calve" Ketchup, Umur Turagay, "Renault Automobile Promotion" - "Gala Laundry Detergent" Nihat Durak
- 1999: "Stuart Little" Mrs.Camille Stout (Turkish)
- 2000: "Chicken Run" Ginger (Turkish)
- 2003: Red's Diary by Görkem Yeltan
- 2004: White The Lazy Worm by Görkem Yeltan
- 2006: Treasure Garden by Görkem Yeltan
- 2001: "Album" by Toprak Sergen
- 1999: "Piano Sounds From Distance" Fiokla, dir. Suat Özturna, Istanbul University State Conservatory
- 2000: "Run For Your Wife" Mary Smith, by Ray Cooney, dir. Çetin Akcan, Dormen Theatre
- 2004: "Run For Your Wife" Mary Smith, by Ray Cooney, dir. Okan Bayülgen, Tiyatrokare
- 1985: "Puppeteer" Children Musical by Muharrem Buhara, The Istanbul City Theatre
- 1998: "Hommage To Çiğdem Talu" Musical, dir. Haldun Dormen, pianist Melih Kibar, Istanbul University State Conservatory
- 1986: From Dream to Reality (J.Massenet)
- 1987: Swan Lake - Sleeping Beauty (P.İ.Tchaikovsky), Raymonda (A.Glazunov), For The Memory of an old Photograph (T.Khrennikov), 3.World Dance Day, Respect for Noverre (Bellini)
- 1988: Giselle (A.Adam), La Sylphide (H.Lovenskiold), North Winds (Sviridov), White Night (A.Luigini), Graduation Ball (J.Strauss)
- 1989: La Bayadere (L.Minkus)
- 1990: Adagio (Albinoni), Equinox (M.Theodorakis), Piaf Suit (E. Piaf), from 30's to 90's (Various Tangos), Dance of the Hours, Ballet Flute Piano (F.Chopin-A.Dvořák), Walpurgis Night/Faust (C.Gounod)
- 1991: Pas De Six (C.Pugni), Afternoon of a Faun (C.A.Debussy), Brankhos (Carreras-Domingo-Pavarotti), Towards Peace (Mahler), Caridas (Yanni)
- 1992: Romeo and Juliet Pas De Deux (S.Prokofiev), Le Corsaire Pas De Deux (A.Adam), Ward, (I.Stravinsky), King's Cemetery B.C. (M.Hadjidakis), Slaves Chorus from Nabucco (G.Verdi)
- 1993: Requiem (A.L.Webber), Black Swan Solo (P.I.Tchaikovsky)
- 1994: Pas de Quatre (C.Pugni), Byzantine Pas De Deux (Anonym), Tchaikovsky in the Dream, (P.İ.Tchaikovsky)
- 2007: Danova Ballet School Assisting - Teaching
- 2012: "İstanbul" (Shaman Dance Theatre)
- 1988: "Vecihi Ofluoğlu and His Pupils"
- 1989: "Pink Panter with Orkestra", by Vecihi Ofluoğlu
- 1992: "25th Anniversary of Vecihi Ofluoğlu"
- 1996: "Asena Exclusive" - "Alkış Butique" by Yaşar Saraçoğlu
- 2005: "Volkswagen Polo Ladies Cup Car Race", Doğuş Motorsports
- 1996: 10th International Adana Golden Boll Film Festival Awards "Best Supporting Actress" Wild
- 1998: Entertainment Journalists' Guild Golden Objective Awards "Best Actress in a TV Series" Black Angel
- 2000: Lions Club International
- 2000: 37th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival Awards "Best Actress" Elephants and Grass
- 2000: 8th Contemporary Screen Actors Guild, ÇASOD "Best Actress" Elephants and Grass
- 2001: 20th Istanbul International Golden Tulip Film Festival Awards "Best Actress" Elephants and Grass
- 2001: 8th Avşa Film Festival Awards "Best Actress" Elephants and Grass
- 2001: 12th Orhon Murat Arıburnu Awards "Best Actress" Elephants and Grass
- 2001: 23rd Screen Writers Guild Awards "Best Actress" Elephants and Grass
- 2004: Afife Theatre Awards "Nominated as a Supporting Actress in a Comedy" Run For Your Wife
- 2004: 32nd Golden Butterfly Television Stars Awards "Best Actress" Aliye
- 2005: Volkswagen Polo Ladies Cup, 3rd Place in the 1st Race, 5th Place in the general classification
- 2005: Beykent University Media Awards "Best Actress" Aliye
- 2005: 28th Radio Television Journalists' Association TV Oscars "Television Star" Aliye
- 2005: 1st White Pearl TV Awards "Best Actress in a TV Series" Aliye
- 2005: TDB Turkish Dental Association Special Award
- 2002: 13th Orhon Murat Arıburnu Film Festival
- 2013: 3rd International Crime and Punishment Film Festival