Sanford Kwinter is a Canadian-born, New York-based writer and architectural theorist, and a co-founder of Zone Books publishers. Kwinter currently serves as Professor of Theory and Criticism at the Pratt Institute. He formerly served as an associate professor at Rice University in Houston, Texas, and has also taught at MIT, Columbia University and Cornell University and at Harvard University Graduate School of Design.
Having received a doctorate in comparative literature from Columbia University, Kwinter lectured at Harvard University, the University of Applied Arts Vienna (Universität für angewandte Kunst Wien), the Berlage Institute in Rotterdam, the Architectural Association in London and the Städelschule in Frankfurt. Over the past twenty years, his publications have pioneered new ideas in art, architecture, science and the humanities. He has written widely on philosophical issues related to design, architecture, and urbanism, and was involved in the series of conferences and publications convened by ANY magazine between 1991 and 2000.
Kwinter has a Ph.D. from Columbia University.
- ZONE 1/2: The Contemporary City (1986) MIT Press.
- ZONE 6: Incorporations (1992) MIT Press.
- Architectures of Time: Toward a Theory of the Event in Modernist Culture (2001) MIT Press. ISBN 0-262-61181-3
- Far from Equilibrium: Essays on Technology and Design Culture (2008) Actar Press. ISBN 84-96540-64-2
- Requiem: For the City at the End of the Millennium (2010) Actar Press. ISBN 978-84-92861-20-0
- "Sanford Kwinter - The European Graduate School". egs.edu. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Pratt Institute". www.pratt.edu. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Sanford Kwinter". MIT Press. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Sanford Kwinter". University of Toronto. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "IoA Institute of Architecture: Organisation / People / Sanford Kwinter". i-o-a.at. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "Sanford Kwinter / Persons / The Berlage". www.theberlage.nl. 2017-12-17. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- "SAC - Sanford Kwinter". sac.staedelschule.de. Retrieved 2017-12-17.
- Sanford Kwinter Faculty Profile at Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Städelschule Architecture Class Faculty 2008
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|