|Born||Los Angeles, California|
|Alma mater||Tulane University|
|Occupation||President, Columbia Pictures|
|Organization||Motion Picture Academy, Executive Branch
Tulane University, Dean's Council
Ambassador, Screen Singapore
Chapman University (Singapore), Advisory Council
Student Voice Project
Sanford Panitch is an American film industry executive. Appointed president of Columbia Pictures in 2016, Panitch previously founded Fox International Productions, a division of 21st Century Fox.
Early life and education
Panitch was born in Los Angeles, to Hersh Panitch, an entertainment business manager, and Elaine Panitch, a teacher and author. He 1985 he began his college education at Tulane University in New Orleans. During school breaks Panitch interned for New Line Cinema, and as a student he founded Revive Screening to distribute New Line Films at various venues in New Orleans. After graduating from Tulane with a degree in Political Science, Panitch sold the company and returned to Los Angeles.
Panitch began his career in 1989. In 1995, he was named Executive Vice President of Production at 20th Century Fox. In 2008, recognizing the growth of international box office and seeing the large percentage of market share for locally produced films, Panitch founded Fox International Productions.  He served as its president until April 2015, when he joined Sony Pictures as president of international film and television. In June 2016 he was named President of Columbia Pictures.
- Lang, Brent (April 13, 2013). "Sanford Panitch Leaves Fox to Head Sony’s International Film and Television Division". Variety. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Miller, Daniel (November 12, 2013). "Fox International strikes $130-million Asian film co-financing deal". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Ulaby, Neda (2012). "Fox International Finds That Not Everyone Wants To Buy What Hollywood Sells". All Things Considered, NPR. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- McClintock, Pamela (March 26, 2010). "Fox’s Panitch puts accent on local films". Variety. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Fall 2009" (PDF). tulane.edu.news. Tulanian. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Variety Staff (January 10, 1994). "Kopelson Prods. ups Panitch". Variety. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- Petrikin, Chris (March 5, 1998). "Twentieth Century Fox ups Panitch". Variety. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- Kay, Jeremy (March 2010). "Local Films from a Global Giant" (1721). Los Angeles: Screen International. pp. 13–14.
- "Sanford Panitch to Run Fox International Productions". reuters.com. Reuters (Press Release). March 12, 2008. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Siegel, Tatiana (April 13, 2015). "Sanford Panitch Leaving Fox for Top Post at Sony". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- Verhoven, Beatrice (June 3, 2016). "Sony Names Sanford Panitch President of Columbia Pictures". The Wrap. Retrieved 16 January 2017.