This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Metro||Hyderabad Metropolitan Region|
|• Total||13.69 km2 (5.29 sq mi)|
|Elevation||496 m (1,627 ft)|
|• Density||5,300/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TS 15|
Sangareddy (formerly Sangareddypeta) is a city and the district headquarters of Sangareddy district in the Indian state of Telangana.It was named after the ruler Sanga, who was the son of Rani Shankaramba, a ruler of Medak during the period of Nizams.
Government and politics
The Sangareddy Municipality, classified as a first grade municipality with 38 election wards, was created in 1954. The jurisdiction of the civic body is spread over an area of 13.69 km2 (5.29 sq mi).
The city has three large-scale public sector industries. These are Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (one of the MAHARATNA companies of the Indian Government), Bharat Dynamics Limited (where one of India's most powerful missiles, PRITHVI was produced), and Ordnance Factory Medak (which manufactures the Sarath tanks for the Indian Army).
The city includes the Old Sangareddy and New Sangareddy sections. Old Sangareddy is known for its bazaars and old district jail, which has been converted to a jail museum.
The following text is a list of local schools and colleges.
- Karuna High School, Sanjeeva Nagar
- Keshava Reddy Concept School, Kandi
- St.Joseph's high school, Shanthinagar
- BVM Concept school, sangareddy
- shree Gayathri high school, sangareddy
- Pioneers International School
- Govt High school, Sangareddy
- Gandhi Centenary High School
- St. Anthony's High School, Shanthi Nagar
- Rishi high school
- Daffodils high school
- Sri Sai Krishna High School
- Nagarjuna Junior College
- Anthony Junior College
- Government Tara Degree College
- Wisdom Degree College
- Ellenki Degree College
- St. Anthonys High School, Vidya Nagar
- St. Peter's High School
- St. Arnolds High School
- Akshaya Junior College
- Spectra High School
- Kendriya vidyalaya, ODF
- Sri Chaitanya Junior College, Ammenpur.
- Krishnaveni Talent school
- Spoorthy degree college
- Kakatiya Techno school
- Sahiti public high school
- Bhavani Primary School
- National Public school
The following are the centres of higher education in Sangareddy district:
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, Kandi Village, Sangareddy
- MNR Medical College,MNR Nagar,Fasalwadi,Narasapur Road,Sangareddy-502294
- JNTUH College of Engineering Sulthanpur
- GITAM University
- Prof N Ranga Agricultural University
- Horticultural University
The NH-65 road passes through the town.
About 15 km Away from Sangareddy there is an outer ring road which connects to Shamshabad airport - Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad, Gachibowli, and Medchal.
The nearest railway stations are Shankarpalli railway station which is about 22 km away, Lingampally, which is about 30 km away, Secunderabad (about 50 km away) and Nampally Station, which is around 53 km away.
The nearest air transport facility is Hyderabad International Airport, which is 70 km from Sangareddy.