List of tteok varieties
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sangchu tteok)
- Sirutteok (시루떡), steamed tteok
- Duteop tteok (두텁떡) - a variety of royal court tteok (궁중떡), is covered 3 layers - duteop power[outside, made of black-line white bean(흰팥)], sweet rice[middle], and variety nuts and fruits[inside, including chestnut, date(jujube), pinenut, yuja, duteop-so]
- Baekseolgi (백설기) – a variety of siru tteok. It literally means white snow tteok, which is made of white rice and whole raisins
- Kongtteok (콩떡) – tteok made with various kinds of beans
- Jeungpyeon (증편) – tteok made with makgeolli (unfiltered rice wine)
- Mujigae tteok (무지개떡) – literally "rainbow tteok"; this variety of tteok has colorful stripes. The tteok is used especially for janchi (잔치), Korean banquet, party, or feast like dol (celebrating a baby's first birthday), Hwangap (celebrating 60 years old people's birthday), or gyeonhon janchi (wedding party)
- Injeolmi (인절미)
- Garaetteok (가래떡; also called hwin tteok, 흰떡, literally "white tteok") – tteok formed into a long white cylinder. The thinly sliced garae tteok is used for making tteok guk, while the thicker cylinder shaped tteok is used in "tteokbokki" (떡볶이)
- Kkul tteok (꿀떡) – literally means "honey" but this tteok is stuffed with Korean syrup. Ggul tteok is similar to songpyeon in shape, but smaller in size
- Songpyeon (송편) – eaten during the Chuseok holiday, Korean Thanksgiving
- Gochitteok (고치떡) - made with strawberry powder, Artemisia princeps var. orientalis (쑥) and gardenia seeds (치자)
- Ssamtteok (쌈떡) – tteok used for ssam (쌈, food wrapped in a leaf)
- Dalgal tteok (닭알떡)  – named after the Korean word for egg (달걀 or 계란)
- Gyeongdan (경단) – inside these rice balls are usually azuki bean or sesame paste. Then they are usually dipped and covered in black sesame or other powders
- Bupyeon (부편), consists of a dough made from glutinous rice flour with a sweet filling that is covered with gomul, a kind of powdered bean.
- Hwajeon (화전) – small sweet pancakes made of glutinous rice flour and flower petals of Korean azalea, chrysanthemum, or rose
- Bukkumi (부꾸미), pan-fried sweet tteok with various fillings in a crescent shape
- Juak (주악), made of glutinous rice flour and stuffed with fillings such as mushrooms, jujubes, and chestnuts, and pan-fried. Juak are colored with natural coloring and covered with sugar or coated in honey
- "::: 약한자의 힘 경남도민일보 :::". Idomin.com. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Bukkumi (부꾸미)" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2008-05-18.
- "주악 (juak)". Click Korea Oline Dictionary. Retrieved 2008-05-18.