This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ghosh at Mumbai Police and NGO kids function in 2014
18 August 1976 |
Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Occupation||Model, actress, dancer, television presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Shailendra Singh Rajput (m. 2011)|
Sangita Ghosh (born 18 August 1976) is an Indian film and television actress and model. She is better known for her role of Pammi in the television serial Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand. She has also anchored and hosted several award shows and television series. She anchored the show Nach Baliye with Shabbir Ahluwalia, where she also gave multiple dance performances.
Ghosh started acting when she was ten years old, in a serial called Hum Hindustani. She has done a lot of modeling for brands like Donear Suitings and Nirma. She finished her college studies in 1996 and acted in serials like Kurukshetra, Adhikar, Ajeeb Dastan and Daraar. After Daraar, she was cast in Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand in which she played the role of Pammi. She portrayed the role of Priyanka Kharbanda / Priyanka Lamba on popular TV show Viraasat in 2006. She also participated in the reality dance show Zara Nachke Dikha 2 as the girls' team captain in 2010. Ghosh appeared on a daily soap after a leap of six years i.e. after Viraasat, she made her comeback on the TV show Kehta Hai Dil Jee Le Zara as Saachi with actor Ruslaan Mumtaz on 15 August 2013. She then appeared in the second season of the daily soap Parvarrish. She is currently essaying the antagonist role of Sudha in Star Plus's thriller series Rishton Ka Chakravyuh.
|2000–01||Rishtey||Jyoti ("Saal Mubarak" - Episode 42)
Parul ("Jhoota Sach" - Episode 99 - 6 February 2000)
Vinati ("Rang" - Episode 151 - 8 March 2001)
|2001–05||Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand||Parminder Singh Kent (Pammi)
Parminder Dev Malik
Parminder Rohan Malhotra
Mahi Malik (Gungun) (Dev & Pammi's daughter)
|2002||Mehndi Tere Naam Ki||Muskaan|
|2004||Zameen Se Aassman Tak||—|
|2005||Nach Baliye 1||Herself (performer / anchor)|
|2006||Nach Baliye 2||Herself (performer / anchor)|
|2005–06||Rabba Ishq Na Hove||Veera|
|2006–07||Viraasat||Priyanka Kharbanda / Priyanka Rahul Lamba|
|2010||Zara Nachke Dikha 2||Sangeeta (Girls' team captain)|
|2013–14||Kehta Hai Dil Jee Le Zara||Saachi Prabhu / Saachi Dhruv Goel|
|2015–16||Parvarrish - Season 2||Surinder Khurrana (Suri)|
|2017–present||Rishton Ka Chakravyuh||Sudha|
- Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Behen
- ITA Award for Best Anchor - Music & Film Based Show
- Star Parivaar Award for Favourite Nanand
- Indian Television Academy Award for Best Onscreen Couple (2013) - Ruslaan Mumtaz & Sangita Ghosh
- Newsmakers Achievers Award for Kehta Hai Dil Jee Le Zara (2014)
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role,
- Star Guild Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series
- Indian Telly Award for Best Anchor
- "Happy Birthday: Des mein nikla hoga chand fame Sangita Ghosh turns 39". Dainik Bhaskar. 18 August 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Merani, Anil (17 April 2016). "Sangita Ghosh: My husband and I are still in the lovey-dovey phase of marriage". Spotboye. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Shukla, Richa (23 November 2015). "Sangeeta Ghosh: I will visit Jaipur at least once every month". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- Mulchandani, Amrita (16 September 2013). "I refrain from watching myself on TV: Sangita Ghosh". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Unnikrishnan, Chaya (26 August 2013). "Oh my Ghosh!". Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved 2013-08-28.
- "Sangeeta Ghosh on a learning spree". The Times of India. 24 September 2013. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Agarwal, Stuti. "Amitabh Bachchan proposes to Sangeeta Ghosh". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Agarwal, Stuti (25 August 2013). "I won't mind kissing Sangeeta Ghosh: Ruslaan Mumtaz". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Shrivastava, Vipra (30 November 2015). "Heres why Sangeeta Ghosh said yes to finite series Parvarrish". India Today. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Indiablooms. "Actor Sangita Ghosh to essay the role of antagonist Sudha on Star Plus' Rishton Ka Chakravyuh | Indiablooms - First Portal on Digital News Management". Indiablooms.com. Retrieved 2017-08-08.
- Press Trust of India (7 August 2013). "I missed acting: TV actress Sangeeta Ghosh". business-standard.com. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- Sinha, Seema (21 October 2012). "Nothing is wrong with my married life: Sangeeta Ghosh". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- "ITA Awards 2013 Winners: Indian Television Academy Awards". Indicine. 2013. Retrieved 2016-06-23.