||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
21 July 1985
Madina,Rohtak, Haryana, India
|Occupation||Sportsman Wrestler/Actor|Motivational Speaker|
Sanjeet Kumar (born 21 July 1985), better known as Sangram Singh, is an Indian wrestler, actor and motivational speaker. He has also appeared in a number of reality television shows, such as Survivor India and was finalist of season seven of Bigg Boss in 2013. In July 2015, he won the Commonwealth Heavyweight Wrestling Championship that was held in South Africa. He was awarded the title of World's Best Wrestler by the World Wrestling Professionals.
Sangram is from a village Madina in Rohtak, Haryana. He was born in a humble family. Sangram was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and was bound to a wheelchair for the first 8 years of his life. His father, Umed Singh, is a retired army soldier. His mother Ramodevi is a homemaker. Sangram was an average student in school
Sangram Singh started his career as a sportsperson with the Delhi Police in 1999.
He was awarded the World's Best Professional Wrestler title by World Wrestling Professionals, South Africa in 2012 for his style, stamina and nature of wrestling. It was during this fight that he nearly died - his opponent was on him for 10 minutes & he nearly suffocated. He was named brand ambassador for the Wrestling Federation of India for 2014.
In July 2015, Sangram won the Commonwealth Heavyweight Championship after defeating Joe E. Legend in the Last Man Standing fight in Port Elizabeth. Sangram was felicitated for his Commonwealth Heavyweight Professional Championship victory by the honorable Prime Minister Of India Shri Narendra Modi in Delhi
Sangram won the Commonwealth Heavyweight Championships for the second time on March 27, 2016 by defeating South African Wrestler Ananzi, keeping the belt In India. The match was played at Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Sangram has recently bought the rights to make a biopic on the life of Legendary Wrestler KD Jadhav who won the first Olympic for India in 1952. He is playing the titular role in the movie
Social service and motivational speaking
Sangram has been involved in social service & conducts various motivational talks for corporate companies. He motivates youngsters at schools and colleges by sharing his life journey thus being a real life motivational coach. He is closely working with Maneka Gandhi for Sanjay Gandhi Animal Care Centre and People For Animal (PFA) as their Brand Amabassador. He was the official motivational speaker for the Indian Army and for Indian wrestlers who were representing India in the Commonwealth Games. Sangram has also been part of promotion to create awareness about voting in Haryana, his hometown. Singh announced the launch of Champions Pro Khusti league in Dec 2015 in Mumbai. Sangram played his first International match in India in Chandigarh on Feb 6th 2016, whose proceeds were dedicated to the benefit of Cancer patients. Recently Sangram Singh adopted 16 girls and 7 boys from his hometown Harayana and has sponsored their education. This is along with adoption of a school in Maharashtra. 
Sangram shared his fitness mantra with Actress Raveena Tandon on her television chat show Simply Baatein. Sangram also featured in Hrithik Roshan and Discovery India's television show HRX Heroes depicting stories of real life heroes. Sangram's journey from the wheelchair to being an International Professional Wrestler was shown in this show DD Sports telecasted a panel discussion series titled 'Rio to Tokyo: Vision 2020' to encourage participation of female athletes in various fields of sports. A special show as part of the series was hosted by Sangram Singh at Haryana's MD University Rohtak on Dec 19, 2016. Sangram graces the ramp as showstopper for the designers he believes in and has walked for quite a few like Sanjana Jon, Nitya Bajaj Birla, Dhruv Vaish in FDCI and is quite a craze among the female audiences for his humility and grace.
Sangram launched his sportwear range SGXbySangramSingh in Delhi on 17 March 2016 at FDCI, proceeds of which go towards the benefit of the common man. This launch was supported by celebrity Designer Rohit Bal and Sangram's fiancee actress Payal Rohatgi.
Awards and recognition
Sangram received the title "Indian Affairs Indian of the year 2014 in Sports Leadership" at 5th Annual Indian Affairs founded by Satya Brahma at India Leadership Conclave & Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards 2014. He gave a motivational talk to the students of IIT Delhi in February 2016 when he was invited to the institution as a Guest Of Honor. Recently, a chapter on Sangram's life journey has been included in Hindi textbooks for children studying in the 7th standard. A scholarship under Sangram Singh has been offered to students in a university who come from modest families. Sangram was also appointed the brand ambassador for Haryana Kabaddi League that was organised in Haryana in June 2016. Sangram was invited by AYUSH ministry and NDMC to Delhi as guest of honour to motivate youngsters on International Yoga Day 2016 by sharing his life story and talking about the benefits of Yoga.
Sangram Singh hails from Rohtak, Haryana. His parents are Umed Singh and Ramodevi. He has a brother and a sister. Born in the village of Madina, Sangram fought rheumatoid arthritis and got up from wheelchair to become a wrestler representing India. He also had a brief stint in Delhi Police. Sangram and actress Payal Rohatgi got engaged on 27 February 2014 at a ceremony in Payal's hometown Ahmedabad. He is also a registered organ donor.
|Khatron Ke Khiladi- season 3||Colors||Himself|
|100% - De Dhana Dhan||Colors||Himself|
|Sacch Ka Saamna||Star PLUS||Himself|
|Big Toss||India TV||Himself|
|SuperCops vs Supervillains||Life OK||Inspector Sangram|
|Badi Door Se Aaye Hai||SAB TV||Armaan Kumar|
|CID (Indian TV series)||Sony TV||Wrestler Sangram|
|Tau aur Bhau||Live India||Host|
|Simply Baatien With Raveena||Sony Pal||Himself|
|HRX heroes||Discovery India||Himself|
|IRT India||History TV18||Himself|
|Rio to Tokyo: Vision 2020||DD Sports||Host|
|2003||49th Senior Men Greco Roman Style National Wrestling Championship||Ranchi||120 kg||Second / Silver|
|2005||World Senior Wrestling Championship||Budapest (Hungary)||96 kg||Participated|
|2006||Johnie Reitz Big-5 Wrestling Competition (Open Championship)||Johannesburg (South Africa)||96 kg||Gold medal|
|2007||All India Open Wrestling Competition||Delhi||110 kg||Gold / First|
|2015||Commonwealth Heavyweight Championships||Port Elizabeth, South Africa||last man standing||Winner|
|2016||Champions ProKhusti||Mohali, Chandigarh, India||defeat Robbie E||Winner|
|2016||Commonwealth Heavyweight Championships||Port Elizabeth, South Africa||defeat Ananzi||Winner|
|Year||Award||Award By||About the Award|
|2016||Best Sportsperson & TV personality||Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Award||This award was initiated by the nephew of the former President of India and an acclaimed NGO.|
|2012||World's Best Wrestler of 2012||WWP||WWP is a Professional Wrestling Federation in South Africa. Sangram was selected for the award from the 118 Wrestlers in WWP.|
|2010||Rajiv Gandhi Rashtriya Ekta Samman||AINUC||All India national Unity Conference (AINUC) is an organizing conducting conferences, seminars and symposia to stress the need of unity and integrity. The Award is presented for achievements in various areas of life.|
|2010||Crown Award||Young Men's Association of India||Young Men's Association of India is an NGO headed by president Amit Swami who is a promoter of bodybuilding in India. The honour is presented for Sangram's achievements in wrestling.|
- Survivor India (season 1)
- Bigg Boss (Season 7)(Colors)
- Nach baliye (Season 7)
- Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki
- IRT Deadliest road
- Sharma, Garima (11 November 2013). "In pics: Did you know this startling fact about ‘Mr. India’ and Bigg Boss-7 participant Sangram Singh?". Daily Bhaskar. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- Sharma, Garima (12 November 2011). "Sangram Singh in Sach Ka Saamna". Times of India. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Sangram Singh is a World Class Wrestler from India". sangramsingh.in.
- [Sangram Singh turns motivational speaker for wrestlers "My Friend... Dominic"] Check
|url=value (help). Retrieved 23 Jan 2017.
- "Sangram Singh wins WWP Heavyweight Championship: Some unknown facts you must know". 21 July 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Commonwealth Heavyweight champion Sangram Singh: "I want to help aspiring sportsmen in India"". sportskeeda.com.
- "Sangram Singh's Champion's Pro Kushti targets aspiring Indian wrestlers".
- "I was paralysed and confined to the chair for 8 years: Sangram". Times Of India. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Commonwealth Heavyweight champion Sangram Singh: "I want to help aspiring sportsmen in India"". Sports Keeda. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "Ace wrestler Sanjit Kumar Dangi is sacked from the Delhi police for failing to follow rules". mid-day.com.
- "The Inspirational Story of Sangram Singh". World Wrestling Professionals. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- "Sangram becomes brand ambassador of Wrestling Federation of India". The Times Of India.
- "Sangram Singh: It’s not only my win, it’s also the win of those who supported me". indiatimes.com.
- "Sangram Singh meets Modi". indiatimes.com.
- "South African referee cheated on me: Wrestler Sangram Singh claims after winning Commonwealth Heavy Weight Championship".
- "Sangram Singh all set to make a biopic on legendary KD Jadhav".
- "Sangram Singh turns motivational speaker". The Times Of India.
- "Sangram Singh to follow Menka Gandhi's footstep". The Times Of India.
- "Sangram Singh becomes Brand Ambassador for Sanjay Gandhi Animal care centre". newswala.com.
- "Sangram Singh, Our Brand Ambassador". Facebook.
- "Sangram Singh, CWG Gold Medalist, World's Ace Wrestler, Visits SGACC". sanjaygandhianimalcarecentre.org.
- "Sangram Singh turns motivational speaker for wrestlers". The Times Of India.
- "I was paralyzed and confined to the chair for 8 years: Sangram". The Times Of India.
- "Sangram chosen as the face of voter awareness campaign". The times Of India.
- "Sangram Singh announces the launch of Champion’s Pro Kushti in Mumbai". indiatimes.com.
- Hindustan Times http://www.pressreader.com/india/ht-cafe/20150609/281840052287065. Missing or empty
- Amarujala http://www.amarujala.com/haryana/rohtak/sports-player-sangram-singh-haryana-rohtak-actor-wrestler. Missing or empty
- "Sangram Singh to share fitness mantra on TV". zeenews.india.com.
- "HRX Heroes With Hrithik Roshan". discoverychannel.co.in.
- "Rio to Tokyo: Sangram Singh, Sakshi Malik to encourage women's participation in sports". One India. Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- "Sangram Singh: Agley fashion show mein hum langot pehen ke chalenge". The Times Of India.
- "Sangram Singh gets 'aam aadmi' factor to sportswear range".
- Samosa, Social. "Indian Affairs India Leadership Conclave 21014 Awards conferred to India’s Noted Leaders!". Social Samosa. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Sangram Singh is guest of honour at IIT Delhi’s management fest". indiatimes.com.
- "A chapter on Sangram’s life in a textbook". indiatimes.com.
- "Deserving students to benefit from a scholarship named after Sangram Singh". indiatimes.com.
- "Wrestler Sangram Singh promotes Haryana Circle Kabaddi League".
- "Sangram Singh's Yoga Day out in CP".
- "Sangram Singh brought stability in my life, says Payal Rohatgi". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Sangram commits to a noble cause". Times of India. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "Sangram Singh shoots his film Yuva in Delhi". indiatimes.com.
- ":: Wrestling Federation Of India ::". wrestlingfederationofindia.com.
- "International Upto June 2013" (PDF). wrestlingfederationofindia.com.
- "Around the City". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 24 August 2006.
- Delhi Police constable wins gold in wrestling - Monsters and Critics
- "Sanjeet Kumar Dangi won All India Open Wrestling Competition held at Old Pilanzi Ramlila Ground in Sarojini Nagar yesterday.". mid-day.com.
- "Sangram Singh wins Commonwealth Heavyweight Championship, says hard work paid off". The Indian Express. 22 July 2015.
- "Sangram Singh wins Champion's Pro Kushti inaugural bout". The Times Of India. 7 Feb 2016.
- veritenews. 3 April 2016 http://www.veritenews.com/news/entertainment/sangram-singh-commonwealth-heavy-weight-championship-belt-india-proud-first-indian-ton-win-against-south-african-pro-wrestler-/1912/. Missing or empty
- "Sangram Singh Wins The First Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Award".
- "Sangram Singh Awarded World’s Best Wrestler of 2012". WWP – World Wrestling Professionals.
- "Sangram Singh : World's best professional wrestler - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Official WWP Superstars". World Wrestling Professionals.
- "AINUC ::". ainuc.org.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Haryana Plus". tribuneindia.com.