Sanguirana was first introduced as a sub-genus of Rana, with Rana sanguinea as the type species. All species, except the recently described Sanguirana aurantipunctata, were originally included in Rana; more recently, they have been placed in genus Hylarana. The delineation of the genus and its relationship to other ranid genera is still under discussion. At moment, the following species are included in the genus:
- Sanguirana aurantipunctata Fuiten, Welton, Diesmos, Barley, Oberheide, Duya, Rico, Brown, and Erwin, 2011
- Sanguirana everetti (Boulenger, 1882)
- Sanguirana igorota (Taylor, 1922)
- Sanguirana luzonensis (Boulenger, 1896)
- Sanguirana sanguinea (Boettger, 1893)
- Sanguirana tipanan (Brown, McGuire, and Diesmos, 2000)
- Frost, Darrel R. (2013). "Sanguirana Dubois, 1992". Amphibian Species of the World 5.6, an Online Reference. American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 22 June 2013.