||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Saniyasnain Khan in 2003 at the Islamic Arts Museum, Kuala Lumpur.
10 December 1959 |
Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Notable works||Goodnight Stories from the Quran, Tell Me about the Prophet Muhammad|
Saniyasnain Khan is an Indian television host and children's author with over 100 children's books to his credit. These are on subjects relating to Islam. A number of his books have been translated into French, German, Turkish, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Bosnian, Norwegian, Russian, Uzbek, Arabic, Malay, Bengali and Urdu. He has also created board games for children on Islamic themes. A trustee of the Centre for Peace and Spirituality (CPS International) – a non-profit, non-political organization working towards peace and spirituality, he contributes articles on Islam and spirituality to English newspapers. He does a weekly TV program, "Islam for Kids" on ETV Urdu and was a co-host of Kahaniyan Quran Se (Stories from the Quran) which was telecasted on ZEE-Salaam. Recently he was recognized by the Limca Book of Records. His book, The Story of Khadija has been awarded Sharjah Children's Book Award  He is mentioned in a study done on the World's 500 Most Influential Muslims by the George Washington University, USA.
Son of noted Islamic scholar, Maulana Wahiduddin Khan, Saniyasnain Khan was born in 1959 at Azamgarh, U.P. India. In 1967 he moved to Delhi along with his father. He attended the Mazharul Islam Middle School and the Govt Model Higher Secondary School-2 (Ludlow Castle), Delhi. He subsequently studied at Jamia Hamdard, the University of Delhi and Jamia Millia Islamia. He did his post-graduation in Arabic from the University of Delhi. In 1976, under the guidance of his father, he started an Urdu monthy magazine called Al-Risala. In 1996, he established Goodword Books. His first book, entitled Tell Me About Hajj, was published in 1999.
Saniyasnain Khan has written numerous children's books including:
- Tell Me About the Prophet Muhammad
- Tell Me About Hajj
- Tell Me About the Prophet Musa
- Tell Me About the Prophet Yusuf
- My First Quran Storybook
- Goodnight Stories from the Quran
- Goodnight Stories from the Life of the Prophet Muhammad
- Goodword Book of Quran People for Kids
- Just for Kids Quran Stories
- Quran Stories for Kids
- The Greatest Stories from the Quran
- More Quran Stories for Kids]
- Quran and Seerah Stories
- Goodword Islamic Studies (Grades 1 to 8)
- Quran Stories for Little Hearts series
- ISNA Convention 2011 Chicago, Illinois – Meet the Author Session 1. YouTube. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- saniyasnain khan – Google News. News.google.co.in. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Aug-2008. Ibpindia.org. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Call them the Harry Potter books on Islam. Dinar Standard (16 July 2008). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- An article on doomsday prophecies and their scientific and sociological probabilities. Lifepositive.com. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- "Saniyasnain Khan". Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- Editions Tawhid : le spécialiste du livre islamique. Islam-france.com (30 September 1998). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Learn as you play. Indian Express (7 March 2010). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Games that entertain and educate people about religion. Deccanherald.com (6 February 2010). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- "Good Word Books". Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- "CPS International". Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- Gaur's Site – Peace Inside Radiates Tranquillity Outside. Gaur20032002.multiply.com. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Jamil, Rashid. (2009-09-22) Fasting | ISLAMISM. Islam-ism.blogspot.com. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- "Sacred Space of a speaking mind: February 2007". Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- The Story of the Prophet Musa – 8. YouTube. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- saniyasnain khan. YouTube. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- ZEE SALAAM SHAGUFTA YASMIN KAHANIA QURAN SE 1.mpg. YouTube (26 February 2011). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Pragya Prabhat (Saniyasnain Khan), Channel Pragya. YouTube (17 August 2011). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- Al-Risala Forum International. Alrisala.org. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- [dead link]
- eid al-adha activities « good tree montessori homeschool. Goodtreemontessori.wordpress.com. Retrieved on 19 October 2011.
- Tell Me About the Prophet Yusuf. Archive.arabnews.com (5 October 2006). Retrieved on 19 October 2011.