Sanjjanaa at a 2012 Celebrity Cricket League match
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Relatives||Nikki Galrani (sister)|
Archana Galrani (born 10 October 1989), better known by her stage name Sanjjanaa Galrani, is an Indian model and film actress. She made her film debut in the Tamil-Telugu bilingual film Oru Kadhal Seiveer (2006), and soon known for her controversial role in the Kannada film Ganda Hendathi (2006). Her supporting role in the 2008 Telugu film Bujjigadu directed by Puri Jagannadh brought her to the limelight in the Telugu industry. She is well known for her role as Chandri in the bilingual multi-starrer superhit crime drama Dandupalya 2 (2017).
Early years and personal life
Brought up in Bengaluru, Sanjjanaa is of Sindhi origin. When she was doing her PUC, she received her first modelling offer. She continued her studies while working as a part-time model. She appeared in over 60 television advertisements, the most notable being a Fastrack advertisement with John Abraham.
Her first release, however, was the Tamil documentary turned into a feature film - Oru Kadhal Seiveer, which met with negative reviews and poor box office returns. S R Ashok Kumar of The Hindu noted that Sanjjanaa, then credited under her birth name, was "very beautiful but has to work on her acting".
Ganda Hendathi, a Kannada remake of the Hindi film Murder (2004), itself an adaptation of the Hollywood film Unfaithful (2002), was also panned by critics. The film was released in Telugu as Mogudu Pellam O Boy Friend. Sanjjanaa's performance drew mixed reviews, with a reviewer from nowrunning.com claiming that she "utterly fails to deliver" in the emotional sequences, while Sify wrote, "Sanjjanaa has made a decent debut and she is extremely daring and does justice to her role".
In 2008, she made her official Telugu film debut in Puri Jagannadh's Bujjigadu, in which she played the role of Kangana alongside Prabhas and Trisha Krishnan. Although this was a supporting role, it gained her considerable attention and popularity. In 2010, she was seen in the Telugu film Police Police, which was followed by a cameo role in Huduga Hudugi. Her final release of that year was Mylari with Shivrajkumar, in which she played a journalist and was featured in a special song opposite Shivrajkumar. The film's success gained her offers in Kannada cinema. She won the Bangalore Times Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role Female in 2012 for I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona.
In January 2012, she played one of the lead female roles in Casanovva, her maiden Malayalam venture. Reportedly the costliest Malayalam production of all time, and co-starring Mohanlal and Shriya Saran, the film saw Sanjjanaa portray a salsa dancer. Director Rosshan Andrrews signed her for the particular role, since she was trained in salsa. Her last release is her second Malayalam film, the Shaji Kailas directed The King & the Commissioner, co-starring Mammooty and Suresh Gopi. Later in 2012 she appeared in films including Narasimha, Ondu Kshanadalli, Sagar, all of which being Kannada projects, and Yamaho Yama.
In 2013 she appeared in Jagan Nirdoshi in Telugu which was made under Padmalaya Films and in Mahanadhi in Kannada, which was her first heroine-centric film. She was then seen in Nenem…Chinna Pillana? She is currently filming for a Telugu comedy film, Saradha, directed by RP Patnaik, Her Kannada films Agarja, opposite Jaggesh; Rebel, which has Aditya in the lead; and the Telugu film Once Upon a Time have been finished.
She shared a space with South Indian actress Pooja Gandhi in the bilingual commercially successful crime drama film Dandupalya 2 in (2017), for which she received a critical appraisal from the critics and audience for her notable performance in the film as Chandri.
|2006||Oru Kadhal Seiveer||Tamil||Uncredited|
|2007||Mission 90 Days||Anitha||Malayalam|
|Mast Maja Maadi||Kannada||Special appearance|
|Huduga Hudugi||unnamed||Kannada||Guest appearance|
|I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona||Sinchana||Kannada||Guest appearance|
|Take It Easy||Kannada||Guest appearance|
|2012||Ko Ko||Kannada||Special appearance|
|The King & the Commissioner||Nitha Rathore||Malayalam|
|Nenem…Chinna Pillana?||Telugu||Special appearance|
|2014||Love You Bangaram||Kannada||Special appearance|
|Ring Road||Kannada||Cameo appearance|
|2016||Sardaar Gabbar Singh||Gayathri||Telugu|||
|Santheyalli Nintha Kabira||Kannada||Special appearance in a song|
|Mandya to Mumbai||Kannada|||
|Chila Nerangalil Chilar||Malayalam|
|Badarul Muneer Husunul Jamal||Malayalam||Delayed|
- Best Actor in a Negative Role Female for Mathe Banni Preethsona – The Bangalore Times Film Awards 2011
- In 2015, she entered into the Limca Book of World Records by cycling for 104 hours.
- She was given the Celebrity Social Media Icon 2016 award by GMASA.
- "Happy Birthday Sanjjanaa". Ytalkies. Retrieved 10 October 2015.
- "Sanjana hopes to make a mark – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Sanjana on a roll – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- Sanjjanaa dancing her way into Mollywood Archived 30 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Sanjana Interview". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Nikki Galrani sister Sanjana Galrani says she was not fully nude while shooting for the scene in Dandupalyam 2 – Tamil Movie News – IndiaGlitz". IndiaGlitz.com. Retrieved 2017-08-02.
- "Sanjjanaa reunites with Sogadu director". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Sordid affair – Oru Kadhal Seiveer". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 2006-03-10.
- "Review : Ganda Hendathi". Sify. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Ganda Hendathi Review". nowrunning. 1 February 2006. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Ganda Hendathi review. Ganda Hendathi Kannada movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Sanjana loves auto ride". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "The Times of India: Latest News India, World & Business News, Cricket & Sports, Bollywood". The Times Of India.
- "Sanjjanaa took home the Best Actor in a Negative Role Female award". The Times Of India.
- "A season of releases for Sanjjanaa". dna. 24 January 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Sweden calling for Sanjjanaa's next Telugu film – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Three men for Sanjjanaa – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- Features, Express. "Sanjjanaa lives her dreams". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Sanjjanaa's wait continues". Deccan Chronicle. 2014-01-18. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Sanjjanaa enjoying 'spicy' song shoot for Bangalore 23 – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-05-07. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Elated to act with Pawan Kalyan: Sanjjanaa". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 March 2016.
- "Sanjjana recommends Tilak for Just Akasmika". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
- "Sanjjana in `Life In a Metro`". Sify.com. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Sanjjana goes de glam to play cold blooded murderer". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "'Bigg Boss - I tolerated Thilak's cheap comments thrice: Sanjjanna '". Filmibeat. 15 September 2014. Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- "The Bangalore Times Film Awards 2011". The Times Of India. 21 June 2012.
- "Sanjjanaa's in the Limca Book of Records".
- "GMASA 2016 Wraps Up With A Bang".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sanjjanaa.|