This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sanjay Kapoor at Suzanne Roshan's The Charcoal Project Launch
|Born||Chembur Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Actor and producer|
|Relatives||See Kapoor family|
Sanjay Kapoor is an Indian actor and producer. He is the son of producer Surinder Kapoor and is the younger brother of Boney Kapoor and Anil Kapoor. He stars as Anant Mathur on Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara that airs on Star Plus.
He is the founder and director of Sanjay Kapoor Entertainment Private Limited company with his wife Maheep Sandhu. The debut movie produced by their production house was Tevar.
Kapoor made his debut in Hindi cinema in 1995 with the movie Prem, opposite newcomer Tabu. Although both debutants rendered fairly decent performances, the movie was delayed for many years as it was in production since 1989. On release, it bombed at the box office.
Kapoor's next movie was Raja (1995) opposite Madhuri Dixit which was a box office success. He went on to star in several films as a lead actor such as Auzaar (1997), Mohabbat (1997) and Sirf Tum (1999). He didn't have much success as a lead actor as most of his films failed at the box office.. In 2002, he appeared as a villain playing the psychotic husband of Esha Deol in Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe. His performance was praised by critics
He made his debut on television in 2003 appearing in the television serial Karishma - The Miracles of Destiny opposite Karisma Kapoor. He played supporting roles in films like Qayamat: City Under Threat (2003), Julie (2004), Luck By Chance (2009) and Shaandaar (2015).
He turned to producing with his first production Tevar starring his nephew Arjun Kapoor releasing in 2015. He played a cameo appearing alongside his brother Anil for the first time in Mubarakan (2017). In 2017, he was cast in Vikram Bhatt's television serial Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara opposite Smriti Kalra. The show is about a man marrying a girl much younger than him and how they try to make their marriage work.
|1997||Mohabbat||Gaurav M. Kapoor|
|Zameer: The Awakening of a Soul||Kishan|
|Mere Sapno Ki Rani||Vijay Kumar|
|2001||Chhupa Rustam: A Musical Thriller||Raja/Nirmal Kumar Chinoy|
|2002||Koi Mere Dil Se Poochhe||Dushyant|
|Shakti: The Power||Shekhar|
|2003||Qayamat: City Under Threat||Abbas Ramani|
|Darna Mana Hai||Sanjay|
|Kal Ho Naa Ho||Abhay (Cameo)|
|LOC Kargil||Maj. Deepak Rampal, 17 JAT|
|2005||Anjaane: The Unknown||Aditya Malhotra|
|2006||Unns: Love...Forever||Rahul Malhotra|
|Om Shanti Om||Himself|
|2009||Luck By Chance||Ranjit Rolly|
|2010||Prince||CBI Officer Ali Khan|
|2014||Kahin Hai Mera Pyar||Rahul Kapoor|
|Mumbhaii - The Gangster|
|2003-2004||Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny||Amar|
|2017-||Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara||Anant Mathur||Lead role|
|2009||Kya Time Hai Yaar|
|2012||It's My Life|
|2016||Hera Pheri 3|
- "Sanjay Kapoor: "The reaction to 'Dil Sambhal Jaa Zara' has been heartwarming"". Biz Asia. November 12, 2017.
- "Sanjay Kapoor: I have got everything in my life late". The Times of India. December 27, 2014.
- "Sanjay Kapoor: I wish Boney would interfere in my career". Screen India. Retrieved 2011-03-15.
- "Despite of doing big hit with Madhuri, actor Sanjay Kapoor didn't make it big in bollywood!". Filmy Drama. March 25, 2017.
- "I am still open to acting". Film Fare. July 21, 2014.
- "Sanjay Kapoor returns to small screen after 13 years with Vikram Bhatt's Ishq Gunaah". Firstpost. Reliance Industries. September 5, 2017.
- "This is what Vikram Bhatt's TV show with Sanjay Kapoor is all about". Bollywood Hungama. Hungama Digital Media Entertainment. September 5, 2017.