|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Govinda Ahuja|
|Succeeded by||Gopal Shetty|
|Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha|
|President of Mumbai Regional Congress Committee|
31 March 2017
|Born||6 February 1965|
Rohtas, Bihar, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Children||Daughter, Shivani Nirupam|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Sanjay Nirupam (born 6 February 1965) is an Ex. Member of Indian Parliament from Indian National Congress party, and currently serves as President of the Mumbai Regional Congress Committee. Nirupam served two terms as an MP in the Rajya Sabha first as a member from the Shiv Sena and then from the Congress Party. He represented North Mumbai Lok Sabha constituency from 2009 to 2014. He was a member of Parliamentary Committees such as the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) and Finance Committee. He opened the 2013–14 budget debate for Congress Party in Parliament. He was Secretary of the AICC and was also Secretary-in-Charge of the important state of Bihar. He is one of the National spokespersons of the Congress Party to express the Party's view on different issues on TV Channels. Sanjay Nirupam lost to BJP candidate Gopal Shetty in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. He was appointed as President of Mumbai Regional Congress Committee in 2015. He was a contestant in Bigg Boss in 2008.
In 1988, Nirupam accepted an offer from "Jan Satta" a sister publication of Indian Express which made him move to Mumbai.. After working at "Jan Satta" for about 5 years, he joined "Dopahar Ka Saamna" a mouthpiece for the Shiv Sena.
He lost the 2014 Lok Sabha election from Mumbai North constituency by a margin of about 4.5 lakh votes.
After another poor showing at the polls, this time, the BMC elections in 2017, Nirupam tendered in his resignation as the head of the Congress Party for Mumbai.
- SANJAY BRIJKISHORLAL NIRUPAM (Indian National Congress(INC)): Constituency – Mumbai North (MAHARASHTRA) – Affidavit Information of Candidate:. Myneta.info (17 August 1996). Retrieved on 2016-01-24.
- "Ashok Chavan appointed Maharashtra Congress chief, Nirupam to lead Mumbai unit". Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- "RAJYA SABHA MEMBERS BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES 1952 - 2003" (PDF). Rajya Sabha. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Mumbai North: Cong's Sanjay Nirupam could face tough contest - Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Rediff On The NeT: RS adjourns for the day over Sanjay Nirupam's comment against Dilip Kumar. rediff.com (14 December 1998). Retrieved on 2016-01-24.
- "Following drubbing in BMC polls, Mumbai Cong chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign". hindustantimes.com/. 2017-02-23. Retrieved 2017-04-05.