|MP of Rajya Sabha for Maharashtra|
|Assumed office |
5 July 2010
|Born||15 November 1961|
Alibag, Maharashtra, India
|Political party||Shiv Sena|
|Profession||Journalist, Writer, film producer|
Sanjay Raut is a politician from Shiv Sena party who is a Member of the Parliament of India representing Maharashtra in the Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Indian Parliament.He is from Somvanshi Kshatriya Pathare community. He is also the Executive Editor of Marathi newspaper Saamana which is published by Uddhav Thackeray, the Shivsena party leader.
After the arrest of the two girls who posted and liked a comment on Facebook, he justified saying "We support the police's action, the Facebook comments could have led to a law and order situation."
In April 2015, he made controversy by saying the voting rights of Muslims should be revoked for some years to ensure the community is not used for vote bank politics. In Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna he wrote in a column "Till Muslims are used as vote-banks, they have no future. This is why Bal Thackeray had demanded that Muslims' voting rights be taken away. This was right. The day voting rights of Muslims are taken away, the facade of people who claim to be 'secular' will be exposed".
- 2004: Elected to Rajya Sabha
- 2005: Leader, Shiv Sena
- Oct. 2005-May 2009: Member, Committee on Home Affairs Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Civil Aviation
- 2010: Re-elected to Rajya Sabha
- 2010: Member, Committee on Food, Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Power
- "सामना वृत्तपत्र".
- "Thackeray: It is not easy to make film on Balasaheb, says Shiv Sena chief Uddhav- Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Facebook arrest row: We support police action against women, says Shiv Sena". Abhinav Bhatt. NDTV. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 2012-11-20.
- "Sanjay Raut says revoke Muslims' voting rights, faces flak". /www.hindustantimes.com/. 2015-04-12. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- "Scrap Voting Rights of Muslims, Says Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut, Sparks Controversy".
- "Voting rights of Muslims should be withdrawn: Shiv Sena mouthpiece". 12 April 2015.
- "Muslims voting rights should be revoked: Sena leader Sanjay Raut".
- "संपर्क प्रशासकीय यंत्रणा – शिवसेना नेते, उपनेते, सचिव, प्रवक्ते - शिवसेना". Archived from the original on 2015-09-12.
- Official website
- Profile on Rajya Sabha website[permanent dead link]
- Saamana Home Page
- Shivsena Home Page