This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Education||BA from St. Stephen's College, Delhi|
MBA from IIM Ahmedabad
Sanjeev Bikhchandani is an Indian businessman, who is the founder and executive vice chairman of Info Edge which owns Naukri.com, a job portal, as well as the co-founder of Ashoka University. He was given the Padma Shri Award, the fourth Highest civilian award in India, in January 2020.
He attended St. Columba's School, Delhi and finished schooling from there in 1981. There after, he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from St. Stephen's College, Delhi in 1984. He completed his MBA from IIMA in 1989. He is ranked #68 in Forbes India Rich List 2020 with a net worth of $2.1 Billion.
Sanjeev after his PG left a job marketing Horlicks at Hindustan Milkfood Manufacturers (after series of multinational mergers-and-acquisitions, now known as GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare India) in 1990 to pursue entrepreneurship. Sanjeev founded Info Edge in 1995. In 1997, Bikhchandani set up Naukri.com, jobs portal located on a server in India, and later Quadrangle.in, an offline executive search business. In 2005, Naukri.com was reported as being India's largest web-based employment site.
Building up in the websites business, Info Edge later launched other classified sites like 99acres.com in real estate, Jeevansathi.com in matrimony and Shiksha.com in education.
He is also an astute investor, having invested in unicorns like PolicyBazaar and Zomato. Additionally, he is a part of the 'Vision Circle' of FYI (Foundation for Young Innovators) - a shark tank for social initiatives exclusively open to high school students.
- "Bikhchandani hits Rs 722 cr jackpot". Business Standard. 21 November 2006. Archived from the original on 26 September 2010.
- Kushan Mitra (13 January 2008). "Dot-com's poster boy - Sanjeev Bikhchandani". Business Today. Archived from the original on 31 July 2011.
- Menon, Rashmi (23 January 2018). "What's in a name? Sanjeev Bikhchandani was apprehensive of 'Ashoka' University". The Economic Times. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "Anand Mahindra, Venu Srinivasan to be honoured with Padma Bhushan; Naukri.com founder to get Padma Shri". The Economic Times. 26 January 2020. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS" (PDF). padmaawards.gov.in. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Sanjeev Bikhchandani traces his journey from dreamer to achiever". India Today. 28 September 2012. Archived from the original on 7 March 2018. Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- "#68 Sanjeev Bikhchandani & family". Forbes India. 2020.
- "Info Edge's Sanjeev Bikhchandani shares his slip-ups on the path to success". Business Today. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- Jain, Sunil (14 December 2005). "How Naukri.com became a hit". Business Standard. New Delhi. Retrieved 9 August 2021 – via Rediff.com.
- Chakraborty, Sayan (4 April 2019). "How billionaire debutant Sanjeev Bikhchandani built himself a fortune". Forbes India. Retrieved 9 August 2021.
- "Strategic Growth Forum India - Speaker - Sanjeev Bikhchandani". Ernst & Young. Archived from the original on 7 March 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2021.