This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He attended St. Columba's School, Delhi and finished schooling from there in 1981. Thereafter, he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from St. Stephen's College, Delhi, (Delhi University) in 1984. He completed his MBA from IIMA in 1989.
Sanjeev after his PG left a job marketing Horlicks at HMM (now known as GlaxoSmithKline) in 1990 to set up two companies Indmark and Info Edge (India) along with a partner. The first company specialized in pharmaceutical trademarks and the second produced salary surveys and reports. In 1993, he and his partner decided to go separate ways. Both partners got one company each. Sanjeev got Info Edge (India). In 1997, Bikhchandani set up Naukri.com, jobs portal on a server in the United States, and later Quadrangle, an offline executive search business. naukri is the one of the big job portal in India
In October 1998, Sanjeev started the matrimonial website. The website was developed by Anil Lall, the head of Info Edge's technology department. The services were free in the initial years. Auditing services were done by the Amit and Rohit Tandon. The founder, Sanjeev explained the conditions of ICICI Ventures. During the conversation, it came out that auditors were interested in opening a dotcom company. The website was then sold to Amit and Rohit Tandon, with Sanjeev Bikhchandani keeping 35 percent stakes.
He won the Ernst and Young - Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2008.
- "Bikhchandani hits Rs 722 cr jackpot". Business Standard. November 21, 2006.
- Kushan Mitra (December 23, 2007). "Dot-com's poster boy - Sanjeev Bikhchandani". Business Today.
- "5 Motivational Learning's from Sanjeev Bikhchandani, Indian Businessman - MotivateMe.in". MotivateMe.in. 2015-11-23. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Sanjeev Bikhchandani traces his journey from dreamer to achiever". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "Info Edge's Sanjeev Bikhchandani shares his slip-ups on the path to success". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- "How Naukri.com became a hit". Rediff.com. December 14, 2005.
- "Strategic Growth Forum India - Speaker - Sanjeev Bikhchandani". www.ey.com. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- Sanjeev Bikhchandani articles at Exhibit Magazine