|Directed by||T. N. Balu |
N. K. Vishwanathan
|Written by||T. N. Balu|
|Produced by||T. N. Balu|
|Cinematography||N. K. Vishwanathan|
|Edited by||V. Rajagopal|
|Music by||Ilaiyaraaja |
Balu Cine Arts
Sankarlal is a 1981 Indian Tamil-language drama film, written, directed and produced by T. N. Balu. It stars Kamal Haasan in dual lead roles as father and son. The film was partially directed by Balu who died half-way during production. The film was eventually completed with N. K. Vishwanathan as director. The film was simultaneously shot in Telugu-language as Andagaadu (English: Handsome) with Allu Rama Lingaiah and Rao Gopal Rao.
Kamal Haasan plays a father-son dual role in this movie which begins with an ordinary man Dharmalingam (the elder Kamal Haasan) vacationing in Ooty with his family where he is framed for murder by a criminal named Chelladurai (R.S Manohar) and is jailed while his wife, son Mohan (the younger Kamal Haasan) and daughter (Seema) all end up split from each other. After several years, the vengeful Dharmalingam returns to confront Chelladurai as the secretive Sankarlal and also desperately is on the lookout for his lost family. Chelladurai has meanwhile kidnapped Hema (Sridevi) for ransom and Mohan is deputed by Hema's father to rescue her. This results in Dharmalingam and Mohan locking horns in their fight against their common enemy Chelladurai.
- Kamal Haasan as Dharmalingam(Sankarlal) [Damaodaram in Telugu] / Mohan(Father & Son)
- Sridevi as Hema
- Seema as Seetha/baabi, Dharmalingam's daughter.
- P. R. Varalakshmi as Dhanalakshmi, Dharmalingam's wife & Mohan's Mother.
- Suruli Rajan as Kanthasamy Pillai, Hema's father.
- Allu Rama Lingaiah as Hema's father (Telugu version).
- R. S. Manohar as Selladurai
- Rao Gopal Rao (Telugu version)
- S. A. Ashokan as Natarajan (Guest appearance)
- V. Gopalakrishnan as Maari, Natarajan servant.
- Venniradai Moorthy as Hotel server (Guest appearance)
- Baby Babeetha
- Baby Vanthana
One of the songs from Khel Khel Mein (1975),"Ek Main Aur Ek Tu…", was reused in this film.
- Tamil version
|1||"Elankiliyae innum Vilangaliye"||Janaki, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Pulamaipithan||04:33|
|2||"Ada Vaada Kannu"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Pulamaipithan||04:24|
|3||"Kasturi Maan ondru"||Janaki, Malaysia Vasudevan||Pulamaipithan||04:36|
|4||"Thedinen"||Malaysia Vasudevan||Gangai Amaran||04:24|
|5||"Unmai yendrum vellum"||Vani Jairam||Panchu Arunachalam||04:13|
|6||"Paathikkallil"(This song not in movie)||Janaki, Malaysia Vasudevan, Kamal Hassan||Pulamaipithan||04:27|
- "Andagaadu". Andhra Patrika. 6 February 1982. p. 8.
- "Grillmill". The Hindu. 16 October 2009. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 20 August 2020.
- Ashok Kumar, S. R. (13 November 2010). "Grill Mill: P. R. Varalakshmi". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 15 May 2021. Retrieved 15 May 2021.
- "அவன் அவள் அது - படத்தில் வாடகைத்தாய் வேடத்தில் ஸ்ரீபிரியா". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 2 October 2018. Retrieved 2 October 2020.