|Elevation||2 m (7 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sankrail|
Sankrail is located at  It has an average elevation of 2 metres (6 feet)..
As per 2011 Census of India Sankrail had a total population of 29,114 of which 14,919 (51%) were males and 14,195 (49%) were females. Population below 6 years was 3,328. The total number of literates in Sankrail was 21,192 (82.18% of the population over 6 years).
Sankrail was part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census.
As of 2001[update] India census, Sankrail had a population of 25,590. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Sankrail has an average literacy rate of 64%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 59%. In Sankrail, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age..
- Private Bus
- Mini Bus
- 24 Howrah Station – Sankrail
- Bus lines without Numbers
- CTC Bus
- C30 Rajabazar – Sankrail
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Sankrail
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.