|Chairman||Fr. Max Abalos, SVD|
After topping the party-list tally in the National Capital Region, Sanlakas won a seat in the House of Representatives in 1998, the first party-list elections in the Philippines. Sanlakas won a seat in the Philippine parliament for the second time in 2001.
Some of the notable affiliates of Sanlakas are Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino, Kongreso ng Pagkakaisa ng Maralita ng Lungsod (KPML), Aniban ng Manggagawa sa Agrikultura (AMA), Zone One Tondo Organization (ZOTO), Metro Manila Vendors' Alliance (MMVA), Alliance of Transport Operators Member Intra-Cebu (ATOMIC), Teachers' Dignity Coalition (TDC), Pagkakaisa ng mga Manggagawa sa Transportasyon (PMT), and Piglas-Kabataan.
Known as an activist political party, Sanlakas constantly figures in protest actions against certain policies of the government like the Electric Power Industry Reform Act, the Cybercrime Prevention Act, the Mining Act of 1995, among others.
Sanlakas was also a petitioner in several cases in the Supreme Court of the Philippines against Philippine laws and policies they deem detrimental to the welfare of the Filipino people like the Oil Deregulation Law, and the declaration of a State of Rebellion during the time of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Among the victims of the serial killings of political activists in the Philippines, during the Arroyo administration, are Sanlakas members like trade unionist Andrew Inoza, peasant leader Frank Labial, and revolutionary socialist Filemon Lagman. Lagman, one of the founders of Sanlakas, is considered as the first prominent victim of political assassination under the presidency of Gloria Arroyo.
- 11th Congress (1998–2001) - Rene Magtubo, Mario Cruz
- 12th Congress (2001–2004) - Jose Virgilio Bautista
- Manjette Lopez - Sanlakas National President and Freedom from Debt Coalition Vice President
- Tita Flor Santos - Sanlakas National Treasurer, a veteran urban poor organizer and adviser to the MMVA
- Aaron Pedrosa - Sanlakas Secretary-General and a former student leader
- Rasti Delizo - Sanlakas Auditor and an expert on foreign policy and geo-politics
- Erwin Puhawan - Migrant workers advocate and labor leader
- "Philippines progressives set up coalition | Green Left Weekly". greenleft.org.au. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "SANLAKAS: AFP 'Oplan' docu, a sinister plan to destroy militant partylist groups – SANLAKAS Partylist (March 22, 2007)". sanlakasonline.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- APSN. "APSN | Thousands of workers join Lakbayan vs. hunger, poverty and corruption". asia-pacific-solidarity.net. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Kilusang Masa: Mensahe ng Sanlakas sa Kongreso ng ZOTO". kilusangmasa.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Vendors press for pact with QC government | Metro, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com". philstar.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Drivers' group skeds jeepney strike | Cebu News, The Freeman Sections, The Freeman | philstar.com". philstar.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Local News | Sun.Star". sunstar.com.ph. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Protesta vs napipintong pagtaas ng singil sa kuryente | News to Go | GMA News Online". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "[Statement] Stop Cyber-dictatorship! SCRAP the cybercrime prevention act now! -SANLAKAS | Human Rights Online Philippines". hronlineph.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "no2mininginpalawan.com - This website is for sale! - no2mininginpalawan Resources and Information.". no2mininginpalawan.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- "G.R. No. 124360". lawphil.net. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Sanlakas vs Reyes : 159085 : February 3, 2004 : J. Tinga : En Banc : Decision". sc.judiciary.gov.ph. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "2 suspected gunmen of Laguna labor leader nabbed | News | GMA News Online". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Bukidnon Sanlakas exec killed in front of house | News | GMA News Online". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Sanlakas, 3 other party-lists allowed to run in 2013 polls; 4 axed | News | GMA News Online". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- Collective Bargaining in the Philippines at Google Books
- "HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | 16th Congress of the Philippines". congress.gov.ph. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- RG Cruz, ABS-CBN News. "Comelec OKs Sanlakas, 3 more party-list groups | ABS-CBN News". abs-cbnnews.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Freedom from Debt Coalition - Freedom from Debt Coalition". fdc.ph. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "RP’s education budget lacked P1.66T: groups – SunStar | Six will Fix!". sixwillfix.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Rasti's Global Periscope | A window to a progressive view on world affairs.". rastiglobalperiscope.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "wsfm2012.org - This website is for sale! - wsfm2012 Resources and Information.". wsfm2012.org. Retrieved 2015-06-24.
- "Philippine Daily Inquirer - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2015-06-24.