||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
July 1, 1955 |
Kushimoto, Wakayama, Japan
Sanma Akashiya (明石家 さんま Akashiya Sanma?, born July 1, 1955 in Kushimoto, Wakayama) is a Japanese TV comedian and actor simply known as Sanma. His real name is Takafumi Sugimoto (杉本 高文 Sugimoto Takafumi?). His talent agency is Yoshimoto Corporation.
Together with Beat Takeshi and Tamori, Sanma is said to be one of the "Big Three" tarento of Japan. He is known for his ability to endlessly carry a conversation. His protruding front teeth are often ridiculed even by himself.
- Koi no Karasawagi (恋のから騒ぎ (Much Ado About Love)?) (Nippon TV)
- Odoru! Sanma Goten!! (踊る!さんま御殿!!?) (Nippon TV)
- Sanma-no Super Karakuri TV (さんまのSUPERからくりTV?) (TBS)
- Sanma no Manma (さんまのまんま?) (Kansai TV)
- Tūkai! Akashiya TV (痛快!明石家電視台?) (Mainichi Broadcasting System, Inc. (MBS TV))
- Honmadekka!? TV (ホンマでっか!?TV?) (Fuji TV)
- Appare!! Sanma Daikyōju (あっぱれ!!さんま大教授?) (Fuji TV)
- Hatachi no Koibito (ハタチの恋人?) (TBS)
- "Sakana-kun in Tohoku; Sanma x Okamura; CM of the week: Sukiya". The Japan Times. 18 September 2011. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "Sanma, Tamori, Takeshi to co-host NTV comedy specials ‹ Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion". Japantoday.com. 2008-11-04. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- Tanaka, Nobuko. "Romance at the edge of reason". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- "'The Cat Lawyer and the Invisible Man'; Imalu as a barista; CM of the week: Loto 7". The Japan Times. Retrieved 2014-12-05.