|Part of Fifth Air Force|
|Located in West Irian Jaya Province, Indonesia|
|Controlled by||United States Army Air Forces|
Sansapor Airfield (also known as Mar Airfield) is a former World War II airfield located in the village of Mar, in West Irian Jaya Province, Indonesia. The airfield was abandoned after the war and today is almost totally returned to its natural state.
The US Army landed unopposed in the area on 31 July 1944. the airfield was built soon after the landing as a forward operational facility.
USAAF units assigned to Sansapor
- 86th Fighter Wing (19 August 1944 – 16 January 1945)
- 42d Bombardment Group, (16 September 1944 – 22 February 1945)
- 12th Fighter Squadron (18th Fighter Group), (23 August-13 January 1945), P-38 Lightning
- 70th Fighter Squadron (18th Fighter Group), (23 August-19 January 1945), P-38 Lightning
- 374th Fighter Group, (15 August-19 September 1944)
- Headquarters, 339th Fighter Squadron, P-38 Lightning
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
|This article about an Indonesian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|